Fog light switch bulb out????

tbirdsc35th

I have been meaning to do this for a while and just got around to it. If this is a repeat, my apologies. I just removed and disassembled my 35th's fog light switch. The bulb is burned out. The number on the bulb is CM3714V. If you haven't done this before, it's easy just delicate. You have to use a small sharp pocket knife blade and go in between the two halves between the two clips on one side of the housing. Gently pry the blade into where the halves go together and pry the switch halves apart on that side. Then you may have to gently do the opposite side but then the halves will separate. The bulb is slipped into a long slender black plastic housing sticking up from the brass contact runners. The bulb just comes out with a gentle push from the bottom of the bulb. I haven't checked to see where the bulbs may be found. I'll post it when I do unless someone else knows this. Just thought I'd pass this along.

the light on my switch went out too and I got anotehr one from the junk yard, but i decided to open the switch to see how it was inside. I found that the bulb was just a bit loose, but i left the thing undone because its such a pain in the ass putting it back together! I always ended up with the lil bb thing falling or moving, which didnt allow for good contact. I also have no clue of where to get a replacement bulb.

In addition; I have also found that opening this switch and cleaning it is beneficial if it fails to work. After a while, they tend to accumulate debris which stops normal elecrical flow between the contacts.

Found the foglight switch bulb. Went to the ford dealer and went through their mini bulbs. It matches to part number D4AZ-13466-A, also known as generic 37. My cost is 1.26 each. Pricey little guys, but they work just fine. I noticed that the brass fingers that hold the bulb in the switch needed pushing together more and it holds the bulb tighter. I suppose sometimes they might come loose. Anyway I hope this helps.

man, definatelly let me konw how u put the thing back in there, cuz like i said before, i had a really hard time with the spring and the bb thingy.

Back