Look at what I've been working on...

Hock

This is a prototype for the S/C outlet that I hope to have made for Carlisle. Took 16+ hours on a 3D printer to make plus about 2hrs to draw up in Inventor. Let me know what you think.

Very cool. I assume you'll make a finished version in aluminum, but I wonder if that material you used is strong enough on its own.

Very cool. I assume you'll make a finished version in aluminum, but I wonder if that material you used is strong enough on its own.

Yeah, its gonna be aluminum. The base should be getting cut now, its 6061, and the top enclosure is 5052 I think.

The material for the prototype is ABS I believe. This one is 1/3 scale because of the size but I'm gonna redo it at full scale but it will have to be done in 2 pieces though.

Tell us that thing is not gonna be some ridiculous amount of money!

In the end I should have less than $150 invested. Most of the work is being done by students, me being one of them, the welding will be done by a friends uncle who is a union welder.

More pics of the 1G DSM please.

Of course someone had to notice my daily driver! Its my daily driver cause as we all know SC's suck on gas and snow.

Now there was some issues with the first run of that part so we re-ran it (this time with it set to the proper units) and I made a few minor changes. Its still being printed as I type this so here is a picture in progress.

So here is the finished prototype. Other than the fact that I don't think that it will fit under the stock hood, I'm pretty much satisfied for it being the first part I've done from scratch.

Here's two pics of the notch that I put on the inside the match the notch at the front of the S/C case.

Awesome work. Any chance you could make some front exit tops with the sc logo still in the right direction? I would be interested in a front exit for custom front mount ic set ups.

Awesome work. Any chance you could make some front exit tops with the sc logo still in the right direction? I would be interested in a front exit for custom front mount ic set ups.

I'll try to make a few changes next week and try to get a rendering up as soon as I get it done.

Back