Power seat wont move more than an inch.

275hptbirdsc

Ive been having his problem since the day I bought this car and I finally decided to dive into it today. Ive searched about this and found that wires and fuses may have somthing to do with it, well they all check out. My passenger seat moves perfect with no problems. It seems like the right side of the seat is stuck but ive checked the tracks as best as I could. The motor gets warm so I know there is power going to it. If it is the motor could I swap the passenger side into the driver side? How easy is it to take the motor out? Also when I was looking under the seat I found a plug that wasnt plugged in but I couldnt find a place to plug it into. Thanks for any help.

Ive been having his problem since the day I bought this car and I finally decided to dive into it today. Ive searched about this and found that wires and fuses may have somthing to do with it, well they all check out. My passenger seat moves perfect with no problems. It seems like the right side of the seat is stuck but ive checked the tracks as best as I could. The motor gets warm so I know there is power going to it. If it is the motor could I swap the passenger side into the driver side? How easy is it to take the motor out? Also when I was looking under the seat I found a plug that wasnt plugged in but I couldnt find a place to plug it into. Thanks for any help.

When I still had my Cougar I had to grab the steering wheel and pull myself forward. I never dug into it as this method worked fine, at the time. If I had to guess the track needed to be greased and the motor needed to be replaced.

Don't feel bad, I think this is common for our cars. Oh and I'm not 100% but I think I remember that plug under my seat too, no idea what it does.

Most of the time the track needs to be cleaned and well greased. Also make sure there is no money stuck in the track. Its a lot easier to deal with by removing the seat from the car and supplying direct power to the motor.

If the motor is bad, you can replace the seat track assembly with one from any MN-12....

As stated above, take the seat out and apply power to the motor assembly.....

If there is a problem, you will see it....

AFAIK, you cannot swap out the DS with PS and vice versa....

Clean and lube the tracks 2nd vote. You'd be surprised how big a difference this can make. Still no joy? Parts time.

When I still had my Cougar I had to grab the steering wheel and pull myself forward. I never dug into it as this method worked fine, at the time. If I had to guess the track needed to be greased and the motor needed to be replaced.

Don't feel bad, I think this is common for our cars. Oh and I'm not 100% but I think I remember that plug under my seat too, no idea what it does.

I just went out and used my legs to help move the seat, it went slow but I got it in the place I wanted. Im sure the track needs greased up. Thanks guys.

Back