low pressure ac port on an 89

davec73

SCCoA Member
I was trying to charge my ac the other day and could not find the low pressure port anywhere Help pllllleeasssee!!!!!!!

How bout these from my 92 SC.....

If memory serves me, blue cap is the low pressure and the red cap is the high pressure....

Attachments

• AC ports 001.jpg
    AC ports 001.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 123
  • AC ports 002.jpg
    AC ports 002.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 109
Are you sure.....:confused:

They should all be the same.....

Here's a picture from an 89 or a 90 XR-7.....

You can see both red and blue caps.....

The next picture is from my 89 SC....

The line is out, but the connector is in the red circle.....

Attachments

• Stuff from TTI Computer 239.jpg
    Stuff from TTI Computer 239.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Betty repairs AC.JPG
    Betty repairs AC.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
here is a pic of mine in the same location

acport.jpg

Are you sure.....:confused:

They should all be the same.....

Here's a picture from an 89 or a 90 XR-7.....

You can see both red and blue caps.....

The next picture is from my 89 SC....

The line is out, but the connector is in the red circle.....

btw I need those headers

also my red port is the size of a normal valve stem for a fuel rail and looks like one. but there is a sticker under my hood saying it was retro fitted for r 134 in 2000

It looks like the hose got rotated and it might be located under your CAI tube....

Or the PO "retrofitted" it with something else.....:rolleyes:

Those are Kooks long tube headers....

I've yet to run them on that SC (I sold the engine just after that picture was taken)....:rolleyes:

A 95 SC engine will be taking it's place.....;)

low pressure port

I checked the bottom of the hose and no such luck it doesnt have a low pressure port on the bottom of that line either. the 89 was origionally an R12 car but mine has a sticker saying it was converted but there is no port. can it be charged from the high pressure side or do I need to get a new low pressure side hose and recharge the system?

I'm not an AC guy, but I guess you could.....

I've done a few AC conversions with out vacuuming the system (just not gonna get as much freon in there)......:p

I checked the bottom of the hose and no such luck it doesnt have a low pressure port on the bottom of that line either. the 89 was origionally an R12 car but mine has a sticker saying it was converted but there is no port. can it be charged from the high pressure side or do I need to get a new low pressure side hose and recharge the system?

NO!

NO!

NO WAY!!

Unless you like the idea of the Freon can exploding.

Do NOT try to charge on the high pressure side!

That can only be used to dump the first 75% or so of the Freon in before you start the system running - once the compressor turns the first little lick, you had BETTER have that side valved OFF. Or make sure your life insurance is paid for when the remains of the can slice your jugular and you bleed to death.

RwP

I dont get it this thing literally has no access point to charge the system! The only acces port it has is the bleed off and the high pressure port! is there a way I can add one?

Not 100% sure, but I have a part # E9SZ 19835 A

The picture in my parts book looks just like the one in your picture....

Back