PDA

View Full Version : We are being SPAMMED!

Regul8r
04-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Looks like just about every thread is being hacked and spammed by

"RUENTERRY5122"

It is rapidly replying multiple times to threads as well!

Someone help stop the insanity!

90blkbrd
04-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Looks like just about every thread is being hacked and spammed by

"RUENTERRY5122"

It is rapidly replying multiple times to threads as well!

Someone help stop the insanity!

When something like this happens I usually click on the report post button like I did for this spam bot. I think the admins would see that faster. I'm not sure of the best way.

Goldeneagle
04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
When something like this happens I usually click on the report post button like I did for this spam bot. I think the admins would see that faster. I'm not sure of the best way.

Ok, I must be blind. Can someone point out that "Report" button to me? Thanks

the-big-e
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
It's the "!" with the red triangle around it in the upper right hand corner of each post....

ThunderChecken
04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Reported "IT" as well :mad:

Goldeneagle
04-16-2011, 05:54 PM
It's the "!" with the red triangle around it in the upper right hand corner of each post....

Oh, ok, I see it. Thank you very much, the-big-e.

Regul8r
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks I never knew what that icon was for or how to report it fast.

90blkbrd
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Its more for an offending post by a member. In this case I guess it is offending.

Kurt K
04-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Its more for an offending post by a member. In this case I guess it is offending.
I use it to report spam all the time.

David Neibert
04-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I use it to report spam all the time.

Me too.

David

Thomas95SC
04-19-2011, 11:20 PM

gldiii
04-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks SO much for re-posting spam with links that do who knows what.

We work hard to delete reported posts, so please use the report button and do not reply to the posts or go to the links in the posts.

Thomas95SC
04-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks SO much for re-posting spam with links that do who knows what.

We work hard to delete reported posts, so please use the report button and do not reply to the posts or go to the links in the posts.

This was not a post, it was an email sent to me from the website. I have no idea what it is. How am I suppose to know it was deleted? I was just seeing if anyone else has seen or received an email like this. I would assume that people would have enough sense not to click the links.

XR7
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
This was not a post, it was an email sent to me from the website. I have no idea what it is. How am I suppose to know it was deleted? I was just seeing if anyone else has seen or received an email like this. I would assume that people would have enough sense not to click the links.

I seen something like that just a couple days ago in a email...

Thing is though.. Posting unknown links is never a good idea, mainly because not every sole on earth knows better than to NOT click on your provided links..

Human Shear Curiosity, makes people do it..

Maybe you could edit what you posted, and just leave the first couple lines, minus the links... Just a thought..

Thomas95SC
04-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok, I removed the evil links to protect the potential idiots from clicking them. We can all sleep better tonight......:rolleyes:

gldiii
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Thanks for the removal. People ALWAYS click on the links, that is why the spam still works...