problem installing Centerforce clutch

Ronald Wendt

I bought a used one here some time ago and am finally ready to install it on my 91. I have a Spec aluminum flywheel, and a new hydraulic throw out bearing assembly. The engine was rebuilt and we made sure the pilot bearing on it is the correct one for a 5 speed

When we try to bolt the trans tp the engine, it is still 1 1/2" away before the fingers of the pressure plate start to touch the throw out bearing.

Is this normal with a Centerforce? They guy I bought this off of said it was on his Bird, so I have to believe its the corect one, unless he shafted me

Have not tried to force it together yet, hoping some one here has some insight

thanks

Ron

Did not have this issue when I put the spec clutch in earlier

is the slave line hooked on, it can help if theres pressure in the slave cyl. Im guessing your saying once the fingers hit the slave you cant push it anymore, and that could be that the slave doesnt want to compress. Maybe im reading this wrong too

It just sounds like he's not getting the splines to go into the clutch disc. It's tricky. Just keep rotating the input shaft until you get it to go. Did you use a clutch aligning tool or eyeball it well enough?

it is weird

the edge of the belllhousing is still an inch and a half away from the back edge of the engine where you bolt the two together.

pushing by hand that is as far as we can get it to go. No alignment tool, just eye balling it. Looking through the acess hole, it looks like the throw out bearing is touching the pressure plate along the edge

Ron

I bought a used one here some time ago and am finally ready to install it on my 91. I have a Spec aluminum flywheel, and a new hydraulic throw out bearing assembly. The engine was rebuilt and we made sure the pilot bearing on it is the correct one for a 5 speed

When we try to bolt the trans tp the engine, it is still 1 1/2" away before the fingers of the pressure plate start to touch the throw out bearing.

Is this normal with a Centerforce? They guy I bought this off of said it was on his Bird, so I have to believe its the corect one, unless he shafted me

Have not tried to force it together yet, hoping some one here has some insight

thanks

Ron

Did not have this issue when I put the spec clutch in earlier

did you put throw out bearing all the way in you need to kind twist and push at the throw out bearing in oder to put it in place "push and twist" if you haven't done that...... it's taking space ...;)

Back