Mustang headers

Yes, but the collectors are bigger and go down at a different angle so you will not only have to make um "custom" downtubes, you may also have to cut the one side of the bracket on the drivers side as it goes closer to the steering column. I should know I have them on mine lol

You may want to search. This has been brought up many times. They are not recommended as the flow is poor.

Some people say even stock is better then them, but I cant see how since the ports, tubes, and collectors are all bigger. I understand there is an "art" to sizes, and bigger is not always better, but I like them over stock...

A "ported" manifold may flow better than the mustang header but I agree with Bacondoggy, I can't see why they would flow worse than stock. By the way, I don't have any hard numbers, just speculating. Of course long tubes would be better, and the work required to get them to fit may not make it worthwhile if you can port the stock manifolds.

The only real advantage that I could see for a moderate power level would be eliminating the stock cast manifolds which are heavy and have tendency towards warping causing exhaust leaks. Otherwise, for the cost and time involved one would be better off spending on other proven parts for more immdiate gains.

A "ported" manifold may flow better than the mustang header but I agree with Bacondoggy, I can't see why they would flow worse than stock. By the way, I don't have any hard numbers, just speculating. Of course long tubes would be better, and the work required to get them to fit may not make it worthwhile if you can port the stock manifolds.

We can all "speculate", but the fact is the tests were done years ago, the actual numbers are still on these forums. There were never any "Ported" manifold tested.

Do a search .. here are some words to try .. Header + Results + Testing.

- Dan

well Dave does it again I am going to port some manifolds! anyone have any tips on what you want to remove and how to do it?

I'm in no way recommending this but;

I saw a set of stock x manifolds flow tested after they had been etched with sulfuric acid.

It left them looking stock for inspection but it did make a difference when flowed.

Paul

i saw the bums inside the port of the exhaust inlets was assuming you remove those and any casting marks that you can plainly see with an air grinder. If anyone has any tricks or tips let me know, I like saving time and this isnt a race car its a fun car to drive when I want. I have decided not to build it to the hilt because It runs so good as it is. I have a pair of coated rotors I am going to add along with a larger inner cooler 75 mm tb and maf 60 lb injectors and a tune. I am going to clean the engine up podercoat the valve covers and put all new belts and hoses on it and drive it! I have the extremely unpleasent task of replacing the drivers side motor mount ahead of me as soon as I can. I need a break from it right now because I just replaced the entire exhaust today!!

Back