PDA

View Full Version : STL storms

scskydivin
04-23-2011, 12:26 PM
1st the New Years eve tornado, now the Good Friday storms & tornado. I'm not looking forward to Memorial Day at all!!

TSC89
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I hope everyone over there is OK.

Kurt K
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
We're fine here. My brother-in-law is in Maryland Heights and got some damage to his siding, roof and fence, but some of his neighbors had it much, much worse.

davec73
04-23-2011, 04:42 PM
we have been getting hit with the same stuff i was in the garage working on my car yesterday all day and it rained and haled all day long. some of the biggest rain drops I have ever seen!

scskydivin
04-23-2011, 08:25 PM
We were driving back to St. Louis from Walnut Hill, IL. The lightning show on I-64 was incredible to see. The worst was to the north, that was the storm with the north county tornado. To the south was the storm that branched off & headed through Waterloo, Oakawville, & Mt. Vernon. We listened to the whole thing unfold on 1120 KMOX (great station). Went through the middle of both storms about O'Fallon, IL just past Scott AFB. Rained pretty hard for about 15 miles and all was done. No hail and little wind worth talking about. Got home and everything was fine. Turned on the t.v. and whoa! The kids got a good lesson on the severity of a serious storm. 2 adults and 3 kids in a chevy cavalier, I'm glad we missed the worst. So far it sounds like no one was seriously injured in the storms, and we're all glad for that.

David Neibert
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
My daughter lives just across the highway from the airport and trees were down all around there house and the electric meter was ripped off the house from trees falling on power lines. Their house got very little damage, but they were very scared when it was happening. I brought my generator over there today because they aren't expected to get the power back on for a week. Their other problem is a large tree crushed the fence in their backyard and now they can't let their dogs go outside without supervision.

David