knock sensor

EatonEmployee

I have idle issues after stopping my car. My 93Sc just turned 100k and feel this part needs changed. I wanted to know the best place to get one. Dealer or off internet. I would imagine motorcraft unless wells or bosch makes them anyway.

I also have a mild cooling issue. It seems to be related to boost. I can be cold and romp on it and the SC'r makes that temp gauge shoot within 15 sec to middle. I also can be in the middle on the freeway hit it and it will jump to the L. I also have to watch hard acceleration and then coming to a stop. I often have to turn my AC on to initiate the fan to control temp. Think my Sc'r needs knew fluid or my IC is not working properly? My SC was changed under warranty at 20k. I would get under there but lifting my car is difficult and I am not sure where to do it. Lifting just the back actually banana's my car and I watched the molding misalign. I feel like my car needs to always be raised evenly. My car is 17 years old Simple sub frame.

My car is pretty much problem free beside this, leather and every option. People keep asking me for it. I was offered 5k the other day. It is more than book but I could not get a mint whip like this for 5k. My car get's verbal compliments and when these issues weren't happening is a pleasure to drive. Just wondering. Cooling wasn't a major concern when they made the 93. The next model clearly created some inlet flow to the radiator that I do not posses. Sorry for the multiple questions you guys just know these.

Why do you think the knock sensor needs changed?

The supercharger and intercooler have nothing to do with your cooling issue. First I would install a real temp gauge, since the stocker is basically a dummy gauge to verify you have a cooling issue. The temp sending unit could be bad or the wire is loose causing your gauge to move, or the thermostat is going bad, or radiator partially plugged.

the knock sensor pulls timing when it detects detonation/spark knock, this happens under load. your idle issues are something else. the knock sensor has been discontinued from the dealer and no after market that I know of. as for cooling sounds to me that you might have a bad radiator, if you drive the car normally temps stay steady? as you increase speed does it heat up? your problem is flow related. bad rad. or water pump

The first thing I would do in a case like yours is flush the cooling system, change the thermostat and put fresh coolant back in. Unless you've changed it before its possible that the thermostat is the factory one and the cooling system is one of the worst maintained systems in any car.

The first thing I would do in a case like yours is flush the cooling system, change the thermostat and put fresh coolant back in. Unless you've changed it before its possible that the thermostat is the factory one and the cooling system is one of the worst maintained systems in any car.

+1

Remove the maintenance variables before you start replacing things.

answer

I am sorry, I meant crank or cam sensor. The thing that grounds at a connection point on our blower. Sorry. I got hurt in Iraq and it have a mild brain farts. It idle's rough so I thought it was crank sensor.

The temp is a separate issue. I know it is actual temp issue, can feel the heat and laser temp gauge would show 226 which is our high speed fan. New radiator. I did notice that it was installed a little off by dealer. Not in one of the tabs in the bottom and the lower IC tube looks like it's misaligned. Top screw in far bottom one out. I was an F-16 mechanic and spent most of my time inspecting and I notice everything. One of the reason's I trust no other mechanics. I always find their mistakes.

Dealing with cooling is messy, but will do. I will get a new thermostat and situate the radiator and lower IC tube properly. I busted my neck in combat and working on my car is literally a pain in the neck. lol I really appreciate everyone's input. Anything I learn along the way will for-surely be passed on.

Lincoln

If you have vacuum leaks on your intercooler tubes that could cause an idling issue.

Make sure you fill up the radiator correctly; take the burp screw out before filling.

Back