code 49

JimmyMan

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have searched through as many posts as I could find for this same problem. Not a single one has the resolution posted. For the first 30 seconds to a minute the car feels like it's running on 2 cylinders, then all at once it cleans up and runs ok. Not much power but you can still spin the tires. The only codes I get are 15 (I do have an SCT chip installed) and 49(spout circuit open base timing set to 10 degrees). I traced the wire down to the ecu\pcm pin 36, I have continuity from the dis harness to pin 36. I have already tried swapping the dis and coil pack. Could this be a ecu\pcm issue, or could I have two bad dis modules? Any help is appreciated and if I left anything out please ask.

When was the last time you checked/serviced/replaced the grounds?

Resistance can be critical - are you checking that as you go thru the harness?

Ground cable was replaced recently when I swapped the motor. Cam sensor was replaced last summer because I was getting the dead tach and hard starting symptoms.

It appears I've found the source of all my troubles. I decided to swap out the SCT chip for my old EEC Tuner and all is well. Has anyone else had trouble with these chips going awry?

Back