92 sc no start, no spark, no fuel

Dirtyd0g

Trying to help a buddy without investing my life into his car. Just want to get some suggestions.
Here is the scenario, ask any question you have as I may forget the small details to mention.
92 SC 5spd, motor from 91 recently installed, all components transferred.
ccrm replaced to fix cooling fan problem. For a coupel weeks the car stumbled or stalled when he hit a bump.
Tried PCM from other car, nothing changed, replaced ignition switch no change. Tried ignition module, no change. The strange. It has no fuel pressure when the key is on but when you turn the key back it runs the pump for 5 seconds. Could a bad key and tumbler cause this? Suggestions please.
Alan

And mine just started the same thing . Has been running great till yesterday afternoon it will crank but not fire up, Just replaced the DIS and no go, Have a crankshaft & cam senor on the way to see if that is the problem, No check engine codes, and one can hear the fuel pump running.

Crank sensor and cam sensor were both changed, fuel pump does pump pressure up, just not until the key is turned back.
Alan

Take a look at the connector at the ignition switch. There should be no gap between the plastic portions and the metal housing. If you see anything, try to close it up tight with zip ties or wire or whatever you can find.

I eliminated the ignition switch first. It was may first thought. I wouldn't post something like this until I had run out of ideas. I'm wondering if there might be a ground somewhere that is loose or corroded. Maybe the mechanical part of the column that drives the igntion switch is bad?
Alan

Back