belts how to keep them from slipping

92sclikenew

well.. maybe its not the belts or mp springs maybe im trying to hard:rolleyes:

well i have a ported late model with mp plenum running 20% od car feels very strong till the belt slips,builds almost 14psi then drops to 9psi. and if i go with 10% and an early pulley it feels slow as crap.. and slips the belt as well. i have gates belts they where fairly new and even had shorter belt for pulleys.

so im trying to figure out with my mods what i can do to fix the issue
coy miller stage 2 heads,.Comp Cams regrind 212/218 dur .520/.520" lift (.541 with 1.8's),1.8 Harland sharp roller rockers,high volume meiling oil pump, ,60lbinjectors,90mm lightning mafs,70mm tb,94 blower,lower intake, return plenum all ported and polished,MP inlet, 3:73 gears,Aod built up by a local shop,(nickleman60's old setup)huge custom front mount 3"pipe,a/c delete,kooks mid length headers,duel 2-1/2" to 3" to 2-1/2 to hooker mufflers(no cats,nothing special built by me), 2800 stall converter, aluminum under drive pulleys, 255lph fuel pump trans cooler, 10% aluminum sc pulley, 10% aluminum jack shaft pulley,Mp tensioner springs, im sure theres a few more..

my next step is to sell the sc pulley and just buy an alumunim 10% crank pulley.. but then my next question is will it mess with me having ud pulleys on the alt and water pump?

thanks guys!

Last edited:
well.. maybe its not the belts or mp springs maybe im trying to hard:rolleyes:

well i have a ported late model with mp plenum running 20% od car feels very strong till the belt slips,builds almost 14psi then drops to 9psi. and if i go with 10% and an early pulley it feels slow as crap.. and slips the belt as well. i have gates belts they where fairly new and even had shorter belt for pulleys.

so im trying to figure out with my mods what i can do to fix the issue
coy miller stage 2 heads,.Comp Cams regrind 212/218 dur .520/.520" lift (.541 with 1.8's),1.8 Harland sharp roller rockers,high volume meiling oil pump, ,60lbinjectors,90mm lightning mafs,70mm tb,94 blower,lower intake, return plenum all ported and polished,MP inlet, 3:73 gears,Aod built up by a local shop,(nickleman60's old setup)huge custom front mount 3"pipe,a/c delete,kooks mid length headers,duel 2-1/2" to 3" to 2-1/2 to hooker mufflers(no cats,nothing special built by me), 2800 stall converter, aluminum under drive pulleys, 255lph fuel pump trans cooler, 10% aluminum sc pulley, 10% aluminum jack shaft pulley,Mp tensioner springs, im sure theres a few more..

my next step is to sell the sc pulley and just buy an alumunim 10% crank pulley.. but then my next question is will it mess with me having ud pulleys on the alt and water pump?

thanks guys!

The 10% crank pulley, 10% JS pulley with a stock diameter supercharger pulley will be a better setup. You will not be able to use the underdrive waterpump pulley because it will interfere with the crank pulley. So you might as well sell the entire UD pulley set...or go to a 10 rib setup as was suggested earlier.

David

The 10% crank pulley, 10% JS pulley with a stock diameter supercharger pulley will be a better setup. You will not be able to use the underdrive waterpump pulley because it will interfere with the crank pulley. So you might as well sell the entire UD pulley set...or go to a 10 rib setup as was suggested earlier.

David

i like the ud pulleys i dont wanna loose them.... :rolleyes: guess i need to save my pennies and just go with a big dog blower.. :rolleyes:

Theres a 10% alum crank pully on sale in the parts section

Ken

yea but i wanna keep my ud pulleys and im short on cash.. working on putting a rebuilt trans in my taurus sho.:(

i like the ud pulleys i dont wanna loose them.... :rolleyes: guess i need to save my pennies and just go with a big dog blower.. :rolleyes:

yea but i wanna keep my ud pulleys and im short on cash.. working on putting a rebuilt trans in my taurus sho.:(

I didn't want to give up the underdrives either, and thats why I never installed the MP 10% crank pulley I bought.

David

It's to bad the 10rib setup is only 15%od you should make a 20%kit

If I could I would.;) I think you are confusing me with Charles Warner from magnumpowers. Last I checked he does make a 20% you just have to have the snout machined slightly so it fits. Charles was offering this service at a minimal charge. I have 25% right now, but am contemplating goin 20% and putting ud pullies back on. This is all good but my engine is still blown up and dont have the funds quite yet to build it.

Back