Shift arrow w/chime @ 95mph?

EatonEmployee

My car has always done this. I read the manual but any info? It is that yellow arrow that looks like a shift light but mine is a 93 auto. It is @ WOT @ 95. I rarely go faster cuz Or cops throw u in jail but in AZ that would be traffic speed.

The upshift arrow comes on when you are at 4000 rpms at drive and overdrive. You are probably in drive. It warns you that the car will not shift into OD until you go to part throttle.

I do not know why it does it in OD.....I have had it happen a couple of times in OD. My speedo has been buried at that point.

It's a warning that the EEC is going to cut fuel in 20 seconds.

David

David, very good to know. I was unaware of this. I've had it come on in both 4th and 5th in my 5-speed. Would letting off the throttle from 4th to the shift into 5th reset that timer?

David, very good to know. I was unaware of this. I've had it come on in both 4th and 5th in my 5-speed. Would letting off the throttle from 4th to the shift into 5th reset that timer?

Yes...or you could delete it with a custom chip. It's just something Ford added to protect the motor from being damaged by running at WOT with rpms near the red line for extended periods. 20 seconds is a long time, so I doubt you would ever reach the point of intervention by the EEC unless you were trying to.

David

Back