window ideas?

steveos89xr7

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had any tricks for keeping these damn door windows secure? i bought the glue for them and they just came loose and went off track again. its gonna be pretty annoying if my windows are like this in summer heat

Damn

My 90 xr7 does da same thing. To be brutally honest da only thing ive heard to do iz get brand new windows wit da factory glue on it. I kno sux but daz da best way i wud say

construction glue/silicone

i used some housework/construction glue dont know what it is used to do but it is the only glue that worked

dont remember how it is called ill ask my boss tommorow hes the one who borrowed me this glue it was used with a righstuff/silicone gun

Just get another window from an MN-12 in the yard.....

I've found a few that had the metal clips on them....:D

I cut a small piece of windshield urethane bead and put in the track and pressed the window into it. Hasn't given me any problems.

two part epoxy

I used a two part epoxy to fix mine. It's two tubes with a plunger that pushes out the same amount of material from each tube. It comes in quick set(30 sec) or 5 minute set up time(recommended). Worked great on mine!

I took the door panel off and went to a body shop. They fixed it for some small amount - $30?

My age old favorite... Black Silicon RTV. I've used it on all 3 of my cars. The trick is to clean all residue off the glass and inside of the clips with acetone (brake parts cleaner), fill the channels, set the glass, raise the window and then let it sit for at least 24 hours.

Back