PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes and such

XxSlowpokexX
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a few things I need to take care of at the office work wise but I been asked to head on over to ST Louis to take care of some documentation for damages caused by a tornado that landed down at the St Louis airport. May be in Sunday or the week after dependant.

Has anyone here been to the airport since? Just going by photos looks pretty bad in some areas.

Let me know and thanks

:O)

Damon

davec73
04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I flew out of there monday morning blew out windows and damaged alot of fences parked cars, overall lots of damage

scskydivin
04-27-2011, 10:23 PM
The airport is open. The windows have been boarded up. The tornado that went through there was a F4 and almost 1/2 mile wide. Traffic around the area is slow.

XxSlowpokexX
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Yah seems flighs are backed up but to be expected. Getting a few guys out there on Sunday and I may be heading out within the next few weeks. Just need to clean my plate. Havent been in the area since I picked up my Teal SC!

David Neibert
04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Mo Air National Guard buildings at the airport were heavily damaged ($10M est). The damage done to the terminals and other areas of the airport owned by City of St. Louis were also estimated to be a little over $10M. Haven't heard how much damage was done to the planes or privatly owned concessions and gift shops.

David