Clearing fault codes

VINCES

Of course I need my OBD1 scanner and my buddy has it. I think i fixed the EGR issue, but can't tell until the code is cleared to see if it comes on again. W/o the scan tool, can the code be cleared any other way? I thought disconnecting the battery, for some codes worked, but not all codes????

Disconnect the battery and Short the 2 battery cables together after they're disconnected from the battery and leave it overnight, that should do it.

Interesting....what does shorting the two cables do after they are disconnected? residual juice??? lol

Of course today was the perfect day to take a long lunch and go pick up my Equus 3145 from my buddy, be he won't be home today! (&*^(&%*($&_(

Actually, i hope i don't offed the Gods, but this question was for the car I helped my nephew buy, a 1989 Mustang.

Sorry, I dont know what I was thinking. :confused:

Last 2 years of the SC got confused with last 2 years of the LX hence the last 2 needing OBDII.

Sucks getting old.

yeah, if they had only made a 96-97. Ford usually discontinues every car I buy...Mark VII, Mark VII, SC, Cougar, SHO, until they rolled out a $45k version

at least that Equus 3145 is digital and I don't have to count beeps anymore...that tecnique was no better than the two radar operators who were in Hiawaii on Dec7, 1941 looking at a 3 in screen trying to fiigure out if freind or fe was approaching....

I just turned 40 a month ago to the day and feel old...

Interesting....what does shorting the two cables do after they are disconnected? residual juice???
It makes sure that all of the capacitors discharge and they have no residual charge to hold anything in memory.

Sweet. Never knew that.

I just ran to my buddies house on a long lunch ......and took his new/used 1989 Mustang LX convertible 5spd 302 for a spin. He bought it two weeks ago, car only has 13k miles on it.

Back