PDA

View Full Version : Heya, Noob here

The Big D
10-20-2002, 11:44 AM
I just got a 92 T-bird SC from my friends uncle, never really done much research on them before, but my 84 olds just broke for the last time and i had to get something quick, so i picked this up unexpectedly and now i dont know where to start and what to do with it, i found a few sites with stuff on em, but i figured this would be better, anyway just saying hi...
Derek

[edit] Oh yea i forgot the one quickie, the anti lock light is always on, cant seem to figure out why, guessing its a fuse missing

SuperCoupe007
10-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Hey congratulations on your purchase. What color is the car ? and is it an auto or stick ??? let the good times rolll.....

The Big D
10-21-2002, 03:27 AM
see thats how much i know, all i can tell ya is that its a bright red automatic, i dont know anything else about it, cept that the interior rattles a lot, damn plastic, i gotta locate the rattling stuff first though cause thats gonna drive me crazy after a while

Digitalchaos
10-21-2002, 07:07 AM
Hello; and welcome to the SCCOA! I think you will find in your time with the SC that it is both an exceptional vehicle for its time and one of which there are not many, if any, on the road today. This site is considered the formost resource on Thunderbird Supercoupe information, and you can learn a great deal about our cars simply by visiting the literature section of the site! In addition, almost any questions or problems you have with your SC can be answered by the forum community in a timely manner, and usually a much more efficient solution is found than would otherwise be available.

Now Lets start by saying your SC is a 3.8Liter 6cylinder engine w/ an Eaton M90(cubic inches) Supercharger. It produces a base horsepower of 210 & torque of 315 foot pounds. I believe there were around 5000 automatics produced that year, more specific figures avail. in the lit section. Your transmission is a 4 speed w/overdrive. <i>Many</i> feature were available on these SC cars, you can read about some of them at Edmunds (http://www.edmunds.com) The car also has an electronically adjustable suspension, that can be switched to firm or left to the computer to decide. These vehicles are usually just under 4000 pounds, as you prbly know are RWD, have a 0-60 time of around 7.4 seconds, & quarter mile times of around 15.4. Welcome, and enjoy your new Supercoupe!