Headers

Jason Wild

I was talking with a buddy of mine and he is willing to makes some header flanges and bend up tube if I was going to weld them all up.

these would be Stainless Steel mandrel bent with a 3/8 flang and all tig welded in a mid length set up. As for price right now he was going to look in to cost of all the stuff.

BUILT in CANADA MATTERS;) A bit of bumper sticker but anyhow, good initiative there my man. Let's hope that price won't kill it.
Would you be able to flow test them after the are fabricated?

Will your buddy be using a plasma cutter, or water jet? When I was working in Sudbury we cut out some small block chevy flanges out of 3/8 material. They ended up costing my employee about 20 bucks for 4 sets of flanges. That was a mild steel he used. The stainless will cost more, but still the flanges are a small cost of the whole package. We used a CNC plasma table to cut them out.

I'm curious to see how this will progress. Pics, we need pics.

he is looking at laser cutter if i were to get more then 2 or 3 sets as we can use a plate and not bar stock. other wise he is going to just CNC them out right now the bends cost the most unless were able to get a large number.
Pics will come

Back