Pics of the 95 Chameleon

Hasher76

cleaned up really nice. The underside looks nothing like cars from chicago. too bad the exhaust stayed on after this picture, the shop tried to stick me for $500 to weld up the SCP system. Next I will be buffing it up to see what the paint looks like and what needs to be redone.
Just ordered the whole front and rear suspension to rebuild it. Factory shocks are crazy tight, ARC still works great. Still contemplating a drop, but being 6'3, I may have a hard time getting out of it afterwards. :p

WestVirginia011.jpg

WestVirginia027.jpg

WestVirginia028.jpg

That looks real nice man! Its gotta be real rare. Chameleon and a 5 speed. Where did you pic it up from?

sweet

i think the car looks pretty nice man, I love the way those rear tires look!!

Last edited:
Congrats..I was real tempted to pick this one up myself!

THE SCP exhaust..Maybe you can use band clamps instead of welding. I'd expect no more than 200 to weld it up

i found a guy local that will weld it up if I have it all in position for sub $100 so that makes me feel better about that. I have resisted the temptation to get on it until I have it changed....so I need it changed asap.

is there someone that can decipher these trim and acces codes, I don't have a book.

Last edited:
just finished a full suspension overhaul/upgrade, with all TRW/Moog bushings and control arms and some Vogtland lowering springs.

This site was unbelievably helpful and stocked so full of knowledge that it made the job (even as long as it was) not so painful. It took me quite some time to get it all done and completed, 2 days to do the suspension and exhaust, overall about 20hours total.

need to get it washed and some updated pictures. Now on to the body and paint work :)

yeah once I have it polished, I will post new pics so you can see the color shift better. Of course its super easy to walk next to the car and see it, much harder for a single position camera to reflect it.

I'm guessing it may have been a custom ordered car.

Of course by making this statement I hope I'm calling out the production numbers guru who actually knows...:rolleyes:

Just imagine if it were truly a one off car, it'd be worth ... eh not so much;)

I'm guessing it may have been a custom ordered car.

Of course by making this statement I hope I'm calling out the production numbers guru who actually knows...:rolleyes:

Just imagine if it were truly a one off car, it'd be worth ... eh not so much;)
Chameleon was a factory offered color in 95, there are only a handful of them out there....at least 2 or 3 have been on this site, but I'm sure there are more.

As for official numbers, it will be a while (if ever) before we ever find out as the company that has all of the records hasn't shown much interest in deciphering Super Coupe information....too much money in other markets.

Chameleon was a factory offered color in 95, there are only a handful of them out there....at least 2 or 3 have been on this site, but I'm sure there are more.

As for official numbers, it will be a while (if ever) before we ever find out as the company that has all of the records hasn't shown much interest in deciphering Super Coupe information....too much money in other markets.

yeah no one knows exactly but there are a handful floating around. would be nice to know how many came with what options. Thats what I would be interested in knowing.

Back