? About Brake Switch or Valve

Robert Kohlman

I have a small drip coming what appears to be a switch or sensor of some sort that is connected to a brake line. If I'm under neath the car on the drivers side towards the rear of the engine bay it is mounted under the ABS system.

I have been noticing that my car has been leaking brake fluid so I decided to crawl under there again this weekend. I can't find a picture in my Haynes manual but I think that it might be the Pressure Differential Control Valve that is leaking. This part has a set of wires with a plug that is connected to a round piece of plastic that is going into some sort of aluminum housing.

It looks like it is a simple repair. Does anyone know what all this will entail to repair?

Another symptom is that my ARC is stuck in FIRM 99.9% of the time and only on a rare ocassion goes out of that mode on its own. Today when I had the car up on ramps it went out of FIRM for a short part of my drive and then went right back in to FIRM and stayed there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Sounds like the pressure switch for the ABS system that goes in to the distribution block. P/n is F0SZ-3N824-A off the top my head I think, been a while since I've sold one. I'm guessing they would be about $80 U.S. or so, they were about $120 CAN last time I sold one. Not sure if there's an aftermarket source for these, could be a dealer-only item.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure that is what it is also. I guess that I will stop by Mr. Ford tomorrow and order a new one.

Thanks, Bob

Back