How to get into the 13's????

fastsc92

OK guys....at the track I can run consistant 14.2's. my best is a 14.211. I'd like to break into the 13's...and even a 13.999 would make me happy, just to say that i have a 13 sec car. What should I do to the car this winter to get into the 13's. Keep in mind that i'm only 17....so my budget is limitted. On my '92 so far I have:
Full exhaust with no cats
5% ESM Pulley
CAI
IC fan
180deg thermostat

This is what i had in mind for mods to get me in the 13's:
Raised SC Top
3.27 gears
Air bags in the rear springs.

think that will be enough?

Also...i'm not sure if i'll have to upgrade my injectors with any more mods to the intake. Do you think i'm safe with the stock injectors and a 110 fuel pump?? If i have to do the pump...thats fine,,but i'd like to stay away from the injectors. Anyways...thanks for the input guys.....let me know what you think.

To run 13's

"FIRST" change head gaskets to Fel Pro and ARP head studs
Why??? you will blow them going to more power.

1st you need your heads ported and intake manifold and IC tubes. get an S-Model blower SCPI blower hat double intercooler, underdrive pullys and 190lb fuel pump.than you need to be able to adjust the fuel pressure you need a regulator. and also a 75MM AFM and 70MM throttle body.

To run 13,s is not cheap you cant do it on a budget I ran 13.088et with these mods. and it cost a bunch now I am runing low 12's and its a whole lot of money

well i'd just like to get a 13.999. We're only talking about .3 sec off my current time. I dont have a lot of cash....so i'm looking for goo efective bolts ons that will give my that extra edge

First of all, your car is very quick already for the few mods you have. I had to do much more than that just to run 15.0.

I would suggest porting the exhaust manifolds, a raised top, a set of underdrives and the gears.

When your ready to go a little faster a 190 lph pump and some 38# injectors along with a larger MAF and TB.

David

ya that sounds good. I live in NH and i am pretty close to sea level. I was running 15.4 for a while...then i did the exhaust and intake and it was a 14.988. Then i did the motor mounts...IC fan...no cats....and 5% ESM pulley......then it was running 14.2's. Thats not bad...i took .7 off my time before with very little money. i was very happy. I almost sh!t myself the first time i took a look at the time slip. I hope to run high 13's with a few more mods. I think I'm going to get a raised top for sure, and most likely the gears. When the rear end is down and the driveshaft out...i figured i might as well to the clutch, and do the air bags in the springs for better traction. Oh by the way Jim...the head gaskets have been changed with felpro and arp studs.

Hope you get there

Good luck on getting there!!!!!!!!!

I know once you get 13's there will be no stopping you best of luck Fel Pro & ARP glad to here you changed them

Take care;)

Hey Man

Hey Man,
You should have no problem getting into 13s with the gears you are planning on putting in. Borrow some slicks that should also do it for you.
Laterz,
D Rainer

NRCLSC.bmp

1st you need your heads ported and intake manifold and IC tubes. get an S-Model blower SCPI blower hat double intercooler, underdrive pullys and 190lb fuel pump.than you need to be able to adjust the fuel pressure you need a regulator. and also a 75MM AFM and 70MM throttle body.

good lord, that's a lot of stuff to get into the 13's. It can be done with much less.

Last edited:
Dood with all due respect David is right.. Your car is a lil bit of a monster.. Those r literally minimal mods to run 15.0's and ur running 14.20's.. I would go with a set of DR's or ET Streets.. Some more traction couldnt hurt.. A nice 4k launch with no tire spin will get u there :) Whats your best MPH and 60ft?

i think the gears alone will put you in the 14s just need them to hook up gears dropped me .2 sec with very lil traction was running 245/50 Falkens they suck good luck

my 60 times are 1.9's and my mph is 94-95......a very low mph for that time. I still am very surprised. but i hope with gears and airbags i'll get a better launch to get my 60' times down ever more to reach 13.9. I read somewhere that every .1 off your 60' is .2 off in your et. Seems to be about right according to my times.

Back