Datalogging AFR with Innovate LC-1

nickleman60

I need to know what I need to hookup to read the AFR on the laptop with the LC-1. Reading the instructions they say to:

1. Connect the terminator plug (2.5mm male plug with no cable) into the Serial IN connection of the LC-1.

2. Connect the 2.5mm stereo to DB-9 cable to the serial OUT port of the LC-1.

My LC-1 came with 1 cable and I bought the adapter to be able to plug it into my laptop so am I to only hook up 1 cable?

I haven't pulled my lc1's out of the box yet but I assume they look like this. Note that there should be two serial jacks, one is an and one is an out.

LC_1.jpg

You put the terminator plug in the in port unless you are chaining to a second LC-1.

if you got a gauge combo with the lc-1, I suppose it's possible it has a special harness with built in termination. If so, look at the documentation for that set, not the LC-1 by itself.

I need to know what I need to hookup to read the AFR on the laptop with the LC-1. Reading the instructions they say to:

1. Connect the terminator plug (2.5mm male plug with no cable) into the Serial IN connection of the LC-1.

2. Connect the 2.5mm stereo to DB-9 cable to the serial OUT port of the LC-1.

My LC-1 came with 1 cable and I bought the adapter to be able to plug it into my laptop so am I to only hook up 1 cable?

I connected the terminator plug to the IN connection side of the LC-1 and the DB-9 cable to OUT side of the LC-1 and then to the laptop.

I recorded a datalog and opened it in SCT LiveLink and I have readings for LAMBSE1 & LAMBSE2 which is the AFR, right?

Did you enable innovate in your hardware screen? That I told you to dissable the other night.

Then you need to setup the field in the dashboard1. Its the box that is highlighted yellow in my screenshot. Right click the field then click config then select LM1 then pick the name you want (AFR) thats prolly already there tho. Then how many decimal places you want to see, 2 is good.

Attachments

• dashboard1.jpg
    dashboard1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 100
  • dashboard11.jpg
    dashboard11.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Did you enable innovate in your hardware screen? That I told you to dissable the other night.

Then you need to setup the field in the dashboard1. Its the box that is highlighted yellow in my screenshot. Right click the field then click config then select LM1 then pick the name you want (AFR) thats prolly already there tho. Then how many decimal places you want to see, 2 is good.

I followed your instructions but when I get to dashboard parameter details and open the drop down box to enter the TAG name I don't see LM-1 under LAMBSE2????

On the hardware screen, after enabling Innovate do I need to hit the config tab and do anything?

Do I need to do this while I'm in the car with the cable hooked up or can I set it up without being hooked up?

Last edited:
Yeah I guess you need to config in the hardware screen too. And you will have to find out what com port your adapter in the laptop is.

Attachments

• Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 80
On the hardware screen, after enabling Innovate do I need to hit the config tab and do anything?

probably. Click on config and you should get a list of channels it sees from innovate. I'm not sure what the screen looks like as I haven't looked at it for years, but if there is an Edit Label check box, check it for each channel you want to datalog. That check box basically turns on that channel to be data logged as well as allow you to edit the label.

I never needed the Innovate software to set mine up. Basically just did what Chris has already said, need to find what com port your laptop is using. What are you using for an USB converter if your laptop doesn't have a serial input?

Neither my desktop or laptop will let me download the LC-1 firmware from their site.........:confused:

You don't want firmware unless you are intending to re-flash the lc-1.

Logworks is the software you get on the CD. it includes the LM Programmer software plus some other utilities.

Works now.

To reinforce Roadhawg's comment, I need USB-to-serial adapters for work and that style of adapter is very problematic. For work, I use a PCExpress card adapter. For home, I use a PCMCIA (commonly called PC Card) to serial adapter. If you don't have either type of slot available on your computer, I would find a different USB-to-serial adapter and make sure that you always use the same USB port.

I purchased my USB to serial adapter at Radio Shack, and included was a disk with the correct drivers for it to work properly.

+1 what everyone is telling you. For some reason that damn PC Card serial converter is always the week link here. I went through a bunch of cables and attachments and all kinds of junk I didn't need before just buying the right thing.

Ira

Back