meth nozzle location?

steveos89xr7

i know i have posted this already but i really didnt get my Q answered. where is the best place to install a meth nozzle on an 89xr7 SC? if anyone has any pics it would be very helpful. i am installing an AEM single nozzle system and a 10% overdrive pully. THX

Last edited:
i know i have posted this already but i really didnt get my Q answered. where is the best place to install a meth nozzle on an 89xr7 SC? if anyone has any pics it would be very helpful. i am installing an AEM single nozzle system and a 10% overdrive pully. THX

From what I've read and I'm not 100% sure but the best location is just a few inches in front or around the ACT sensor. That way your computer will see the temp change and adjust timing accordingly, this also allows the meth to be atomized. Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

You can put it after the sensor like on the back plenum but timing would need to be adjusted because your ACT sensor will still see high temps and retard your timing. Some say this is not a good spot because it doesn’t allow the meth to be atomized.

I don’t know, I’ve yet to install a meth kit. I just like to read about these cars.
:)

Back