Liquid on windshield at WOT

kylecoz88

I have noticed when I go wide open throttle in my 1990 5 speed that there will be a small amount of clear liquid pop up onto my windshield. It is only when I really get into it in 1st or 2nd gear and around 13 PSI. Two dribbles of fluid will show up just above the left hand 1/3 of my drivers side wiper blade.

I have never stopped to check to see what it is because at that moment the car is being floored and I dont really feel like stopping to check it out.

What could it be?

EDIT: Also in the same situation my brake light will *sometimes* come on. It will shut off by the time I shift into the next gear.

Kyle

I would assume that it is brake fluid....

How/ Why would that be? I have never noticed a leak while the car is parked. And the brake fluid is not low. How would getting into boost push up brake fluid to my windshield?

Kyle

Do you have alky injection, is it oil, it could be supercharger fluid from the snout. Do you have an oil mess on the snout?

Does this liquid dry up and dissapear, or is it oily and stays on the window until washed off ?

It does dry up and dissapear. The only thing left is dust that collects to something wet.

Do you have alky injection, is it oil, it could be supercharger fluid from the snout. Do you have an oil mess on the snout?

Nope, no meth. Supercharger has no leaks, no signs of spray on the underside of the hood.

My power steering looses a little bit of fluid over nights after driving it. Could that be working its way up there? But it is in the exact same spot every time... That wouldn't make sence.

Kyle

:confused: please explain

I was thinking about the location of the fluid on the windshield.....

Master cylinder is in that area.....:p

Now that there is more information posted, it sounds like it is water.....

So now I would look at the windshield washer hoses for leaks....

How about water that collected under the cowl is just getting sucked up the windshield?

The brake light is coming on because the car is squatting, fluid is being pushed to the rear of the reservoir, and the level at the sensor is dropping low enough to turn the light on.

Check your lines for leaks, check your pads for wear.

water from under the cowl

That is possible, but I only wash it about once a month. I washed it about 2 weeks ago and it happend to me yesterday. One would assume water would evaporate by now. Rain is not a possibilty because I dont drive in the rain and it it always parked inside.

Kyle

That is possible, but I only wash it about once a month. I washed it about 2 weeks ago and it happend to me yesterday. One would assume water would evaporate by now. Rain is not a possibilty because I dont drive in the rain and it it always parked inside.

Kyle

It's either water or something silly like someone plumbed a vacuum line into the windsheild washer nozzel hose, and pressure from the boost blows out the fluid.

David

Last edited:
Back