brake lights come on late

Scott-Atah

I'm guessing there's a switch of some sort on the brake pedal to control how soon the brake lights come on....i'm just not sure if it's adjustable or what i'm looking for exactly.

Can anyone give me some hints as to what this thing might look like and whether it is adjustable or what not?

to me from what i can see (i have no idea what i'm doing) it just looks like a simple switch that you might wire up and plug in...no real adjustments to be/can be made.

further more...if its just a switch and it was going bad....then the lights shouldn't come on at all.....instead they come on when ya have the pedal near the floor....normal driving they won't come on...

But i'm not positive bout that as i'm not completely mechanically inclined....someone else must've been thru this...

or i'll try phoning ford see what they have to say.

Last edited:
i had the same problem before. all i did was pull on that switch a little bit and it clicked like i was adjusting it. after that it worked fine. i wasnt really sure what i was doing because it was dark out, but what ever i did worked. just try messin with it and see what happens.

hmm tried pushing it a bunch....did it look like a lil plug thing on the brake pedal with a blue wire and a red wire (i think) going into the sides of it? or am i high?

i'll try pullin it apart too heh

im not quite sure what it looked like because it was dark out and couldnt see any thing. i just felt from the bottom of the break pedal all the way up(not very far) until i reached a small plastic thing that felt squareish and i just pulled on it gently.
ps. i wouldnt pull it apart, just tug at it and see what happens. good luck.;)

yeah...i was just gonna say $18.66CDN before my discount at ford.....and jonny mechanic at ford says they're not adjustable...so either they work or they don't...guess mine's just screwed...........so got a new one comin thurs.

Back