Sway bar issue

GHOSTXR7

Ive got addco 1 3/8 in sway bars n wen i raise the car on the lift da sway bar swings bacc n hits harmonic balancer. Does anyone kno where i can get shorter den stock sway bar links to correct this issue/

Sheesh

So many english teachers. If ur willin to help den thank u if unnecessary comments n bs iz ur deal i wud prec8 if it wuz disregarded

Wow

Just asking for a little information not really an english lesson. If anyone has any information regarding shorter sway bar links for 1 3/8 sway bars any input would be greatly appreciated. There is that proper enough for the professors. Smh

no one has made any shorter ones for the front. If I was going to try to make something like that, I would start with something similar to the stock lower joint that supports bolting a more generic end link too it. Sway bar end links see a tremendous amount of stress and the current lower part of the link bolts through the steering knuckle.

So many english teachers. If ur willin to help den thank u if unnecessary comments n bs iz ur deal i wud prec8 if it wuz disregarded

Look at it this way - if you type and spell correctly, it's much easier for the rest of us to understand you.

If, however, you want to sound like a congenital idiot - well, that's your call entirely.

No hating, no English lesson - just a lesson in intelligence. USE it.

RwP

Cool

Well doesnt that just suck. Looks like ive got to figure something out. Thanx for the input guys the good the bad and the hating its all love to me

So

look at it this way - if you type and spell correctly, it's much easier for the rest of us to understand you.

If, however, you want to sound like a congenital idiot - well, that's your call entirely.

No hating, no english lesson - just a lesson in intelligence. Use it.

Rwp

now the question stands are u willing to help after ive spelled all words so u can read or are you just going to look for something to haggle about.

The question remains, what makes you think coming into a forum full of men and acting like a smarmy punk is going to win you any friends? When in Rome do as the Romans kid. Its like walking into a mans house not wiping your feet chewing gum and not taking off your sunglasses and giving him some lame new snappy goofball handshake. I can tell you're young but going out of your way to be a Dink is annoying to men.
My apologies if my bluntness has offended anyone respectable.

now the question stands are u willing to help after ive spelled all words so u can read or are you just going to look for something to haggle about.

Let's try that in English.

"Now, the question stands. Are you willing to help, after I've spelled all the words so that you can read, or are you just going to look for something to haggle about."

Well - I really can't help much, I don't have an Addco bar on the front of my car, and the stock bar goes straight across, so even if it does swing, it won't swing into the HB.

But I can help with your refusal to use English as a tool, with precision, by pointing out where you fail.

I will ALSO state that if you put the bar on with as much care as you use with English, I'd get a professional to fix how you messed it up so that it won't give you the problem you say you have.

As I've said elsewhere, "English can be used with precision. Do so. Or expect everyone to think you're an idiot."

RwP

I've had 1 3/8" bars F&R for over 10 years, without the issue that you've mentioned. I do however, have a BHJ balancer and an underdrive pulley set installed also.

I suspect that you may have other problems (besides grammar), such as bad motor mounts.

Yes, it is a common problem that the sway bar rubs the crank pulley. I feel that there is a good possibility that at least part of the problem may lie in the inconsistencies in the actual shape of the ADDCO bars.

Nonetheless, since there is no option for different length end links, you can either make your own (you'll need a couple rod ends and some high offset bushings) or if you have shims under the bar (ADDCO gives you several shims to go under the Kmember bushings) you can remove them or some of them. Another option would be to shorten your existing end links. Since they aren't a structural suspension component, shortening them doesn't pose any undue risk as long as you get them welded properly.

Another thing you may be able to do is raise the motor with some tall aftermarket engine mounts. However, if you are close to the hood already, this may not be an option. On one car we actually lowered the K-member for added clearance. But then you get into the whole bump steer issue....

The kit I just bought had 3 shims per side but I only installed one. Clearance is an issue and that is one of the reasons I stick with the 1 1/4" bar. Well that and the fact that the 1 3/8" bar causes ridiculous amounts of body stress. The MN12 body simply wasn't made strong enough to handle that amount of roll stiffness.

wow I have never had an issue and this is the first I've heard of any. My cousin works for Addco as a sales and tech advisor if there are issues let me know and maybe I can work with him to fix it.

Dave even he says the 1 3/8" is too big for the car but someone on another board pushed for it

Thanks

Thanks for the input gents. It is greatly appreciated. That could also be an issue. I havent looked into the motor mounts yet though. I am going to try them first n work it from there.:) smarny punk hahahahaha. I resemble that remark ;)

He likes his car. Thats what this forum is for. Thunderbird sc enthusiasts. He tries to help others. He's a plus for the cause. I've seen a lot worse communication on this site. And you understood his question perfectly.

he likes his car. Thats what this forum is for. Thunderbird sc enthusiasts. He tries to help others. He's a plus for the cause. I've seen a lot worse communication on this site. And you understood his question perfectly.

not sure how this is meant but its awesome to me

Back