Dodge SuperCoupe

yeah the stats are not that impressive but I really like the way the exterior looks, the interior is however, horribly late 70's. Always kills me to see how much they choked down the V8's after 1970. I thought it was bad that my 71 Nova's 350 only had 245hp. That poor 360 in there didn't even come close to the 200hp mark.

Very rare cars, I have been looking out for them for a while just for the looks and how many they made.

There are 2 of these setting 4 miles north east of my house.
He is using them both to get one back together.

yeah the stats are not that impressive but I really like the way the exterior looks, the interior is however, horribly late 70's. Always kills me to see how much they choked down the V8's after 1970. I thought it was bad that my 71 Nova's 350 only had 245hp. That poor 360 in there didn't even come close to the 200hp mark.

You think thats bad, the base engine in the 75 Vette only had 165hp and it was a 350.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1975-corvette1.htm

It was so slow that they didn't even bother to an with the base engine and the optional L82 was still slower than ours cars in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

So yeah, the mid to late 70's sucked completely for performance and performance vehicles.

That's subject to debate, those Chrysler F bodies were pretty awful, they vaguely resemble the duster but in all the wrong places, no hardtop, flat beltline, square grill, square taillights ect. Those cars are a large reason Chrysler was on the verge of annihilation. The supercoupe was the epitome of paint on performance, no substance, no heritage, just $3(todays cost) worth of plastic and stickers

I'd easily take a Maverick over one of those in looks.

Back