What should I replace for a tune-up?

DangerousDarren

ok, i did a search and couldn't really find what i was looking for. if i could get to all the forums it would help, but anyway, my 90 SC auto has 162,000 miles. what should i be replacing. i am doing the plugs, wires, belts, hoses, valve cover gaskets. what else would be a good idea to replace. as far as i know nothing has been replaced yet. thanks for your help

Typically a tune up is air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires. On car with a dist cap and button you include those.
If you haven't serviced the cooling system and water pump I highly suggest that.
Alan

yeah, i figured on the basics, and yes, the cooling system stuff is on the list due to a small leak. the t-stat housing is warped where it mounts to the motor so i will replace it along with the water pump and related stuff. it has a k&n cone filter, but is getting a new cai soon so that is taken care of. what i was wandering about was the DIS, the cam and crank sensors, the TPS, and things like that.

I would do the cam sensor. It doesnt have to fail to be incorrect. Your car will run smoother and be more efficient. You also wanna check your suspension. Especially the ball joints. If they break, it could be fatal. Also check your motor and transmission mounts. The factory fluid mounts are usually trashed.

Back