Needing Tranny Rebuild help

thundrburd

Alright , after a few years of sitting the SC is getting a trans rebuild, I am going to have the shop my cousin works for rebuild it, however I need some advice on what I should have done to it, he told me he should be able to get the standard rebuild kit but is there anything else I should do or add to try to prevent it from going out again ? I was thinking a trans cooler but wondering if I should get anything else. Also saw on SCP they sell a heavy duty rebuild kit, would this be better to get than just the standard rebuild kit ?

Thanks,
Tony

Alright , after a few years of sitting the SC is getting a trans rebuild, I am going to have the shop my cousin works for rebuild it, however I need some advice on what I should have done to it, he told me he should be able to get the standard rebuild kit but is there anything else I should do or add to try to prevent it from going out again ? I was thinking a trans cooler but wondering if I should get anything else. Also saw on SCP they sell a heavy duty rebuild kit, would this be better to get than just the standard rebuild kit ?

Thanks,
Tony

Suggestion? Check over at the 4R70W forum on TCCoA.COM ( http://forums.tccoa.com ) and see what they recommend.

Also don't forget to check dirtyd0g's postings here.

RwP

95 car? Start by removing the transmission stripping it down to parts and swapping the output shaft, tcc solenoid, extension housing and shift lever into a 04 3.8 mustang transmission. Buy a new MLPS and repin the harness. Get a markVIII flexplate and call me about a good converter. You'll love it and if you find a good deal ont he trans it will cost less than having aamco do a crap rebuild on it that won't last 5 years. I also suggest a couple new parts inside the transmission while you are there, they will be under $150.
Alan

I did just about everything Alan suggests accept with a 02 3.8 Mustang transmission. In fact I took the transmission from my 94 SC and the stang trans to Alan's place and let him do the conversion and had him repin the harness and J-mod the seperator plate (shift kit) since he was already in there. I also picked up one of his 11 1/4" torque converters while I was there. I had already bought a new markVIII flexplate and when I put the new transmission in all went well accept I had to buy a new TCC solenoid because the one from the original transmission no longer worked and the torque converter wouldn't lock up. When it was all done it was just like Alan said...I loved it and still do. It's got to be one of the best mods I've ever done on my 94 SC.

Back