First day at the drag strip

12.5s are not slow at all! and to have a SRT8 at the tip of your sword is awesome...those guys think they are invincible.

good job

This is my 3rd Mark VIII but the first that I Modified extensively. The others were DD but this one is my hot rod. It replaced my 03 Cobra. I'm getting older and prefer the automatic, seating position and comfort of the Mark VIII. Thats why I was looking at SC. The Challenger SRT-8 driver was shaking his head and beating the steering wheel on the slow down. Thanks

I and a group from TCCOA are meeting at Fayetteville N.C. Motorsport Park (drag strip) on Sunday November 27. There will be 3 Superchargered Thunderbirds and my Mark VIII and some other Thunderbirds, Marks, and Cougars. Please come one come all.

WOW! we met on 27 and then again on Dec. 4, 2011 and I had the pleasure of running against RobertP of TCCOA the first time he ran in the 10's. He ran 10.90 at 130.02 mph to my 12.09 at 117.13. Congradulations to Robert. Later in the day I had several runs in the 11's with a best of 11.92 at 118.14. Here is avideo of the run with robert and a copy of my best time slip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfgbR4SC16g

Attachments

• A30.jpg
    A30.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 64
In my opinion the cars are only "slow" if they are neglected,not maintained and not enjoyed. If you're enjoying the car it is fast enough when you want more you'll find it. 12.5 is fast for any stret car. Sure you hear about 10 sec street cars but they aren't that common and when you do find them the owner either paid handsomely or it is a hazard to drive. There are a few streetable cars but are they worthy of a 200mile drive, not really. You have to make compromises to get that fast.
Alan

Nice looking car and 12.5 is a really good time for a street car. It sure sounds mean. Just think you are only a half a second from an 11.

Back