PDA

View Full Version : Did some Analysis

Silenced
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Adam and I took the car out, and did a quick N/A tune. I compared it with the quick boosted tune I threw togeather at the end of last season on the new firmware.

RPM ----- VE N/A ----- VE @ PSI
3000 ---- 103 --------- 105 @ 2PSI
4000 ---- 110 --------- 125 @ 4PSI
5000 ---- 106 --------- 140 @ 7PSI

The N/A tune is at 12:1 across the board. With boost, the crappy tune dipped from 12:1 to low 10:1s...

I see lots of belt slip. I see a choked up motor. I see too rich AFR. I see a lot of improvement with the new setup ;) Now comes determining where the restriction sits. My bet is the exhaust.

TSC89
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Any word on when you will get the blower back from the rebuild?

Silenced
05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Blower's back, and sitting on a shelf somewhere in the basement. I've got that strange drivetrain (flexplate I think) noise to figure out before I put it on. It's either interference between some metal parts when the drivetrain torques to the side, or it's the flexplate. It's really hard to tell. I'm going to try and get the solid trans bushing in place without pulling the exhaust.... That should help me determine if it's the entire drivetrain moving, or if it's the converter slop kicking it to the side during lockup (Hope not) and causing a crack in the flexplate to vibrate. My garage is occupied by a blueberry right now, and will be for another month or so... so who knows.