Then the darkness fell.

thunderbird89sc

Ok so the lights on my heat control. so i took it out, and there are two little bulbs, only one was out, but i guessed why the hell not replaces them both, so anyway, i can not find these damn lights anywhere, They look like christmas tree lights, Any idea where to get them would be nice, please don't say ford,

Matt

Next chance you get try going to a junk yard and take out a heater control and grab the bulbs from it from any 89 to 93 bird.

That is what I had done when mine blew. I now have collected a bunch! and while your doing that, it would also be a good idea to grab the bulb that lights your blower switch up as well. You'll run in the same situation there as well in not finding one elsewhere.

Happy hunting!

Jeff Bratton:D

Last edited:
I found these little bulbs at Ford. They are tiny bulbed lights with a larger round grey base that is smaller than a dime. You pull the control panel from the dash a bit and use a small flat blade screw driver or knife blade and unscrew them maybe 1/4 of a turn or so. They sit upside down from the top just behind the face plate. I had to use tweezers to pull them out of their holes. They come in a box of 10. They are part number E83Z-13466-B. I can't remember what they cost but they weren't expensive. They are used in a lot of Ford control panels. I hope this helps some.

Here's a rough idea of what they look like.
Tips\CtrPnlBulb.gif

Have a great week.

Last edited:
Radio Shack

I believe Jason Marsh first found these bulbs:

You need to purchase from Radio Shack or any electronics store a "Micro Lamp" 12 volt / 60mA with a Wire Terminal base. the wire terminals push down through 2 holes in the bottom of the grey housing that holds the bulb then twist on 2 tabs. $1.49

I have also purchased other bulbs at Ford for different applications. They had a different plastic base, but could be removed and re-installed on the SC base.

Thank you, George.

I went to Radio Shack on Sunday and they couldn't come up with anything. I'll see what another RS store might be able to do. Also I'm going to the Ford dealer this afternoon and am going to rummage through their bulbs to see what they have. The lamp isn't serviced since the foglight switch is considered a sealed unit by Ford. I'll post my findings later.

Have a good day.

Lance, I was with you up until the part about the sealed fog lamp switch. Did I miss something? LOL You should have gone to Radio Shack AFTER you read my post!

LOL Oh George, I'm just getting senile. I have been thinking about 2 different bulbs and got mixed up. Mom's ill and I guess I am a bit distracted. This thread is about the control panel bulbs and yes I see what you are saying. sorry. I was thinking about the bulb in the fog light switch. That is what I am on the hunt for right now. Duh. Sorry, guys. Ever have one of those days??

Have a great week.

ok so what if i am stupid as hell and lost the little grey thingie, umm oppps, sorry girl no heat control lights for you. umm yeah where do i get these from, ford?

Hi, Matt.

Well Ford has them under that part number, E83Z-13466-B, or you could go the Radio Shack route as George suggests. I guess it's your call. Good luck to you which ever way you decide.

Back