Tranny cooler Question

kenewagner

I mounted a new tranny cooler in the SC over the weekend. While on the dyno just idling the temp climbed to 210 degrees. I still have to run new bigger lines from the tranny to the cooler. I never drive the car in the winter and am wondering if I would be better off not running the fluid through the lower tank under the radiator and rely only on the new cooler. The new cooler is a large plate style cooler and will be directly in the air supply coming in through the lower slots in the front bumper. What say the experts

Ken

If you are running a big cooler and running too hot run it stand alone. The radiator is warming not cooling at that point.
Alan

I have the transmission coolers on both my SCs plumbed as stand alone, bypassing the radiator. They also both have a fan that runs constantly when the ignition is on.

David

Bypass it, what cooler did you end up getting as I see you have a new one posted for sale?

Cooler came from a Tacoma truck. Its a little thicker and longer. More surface area. It is a plate design like the one I am selling just more surface area. Beside a good friend of mine gave it to me so its hard to find a down side.

Ken

Back