driver side rear LCA wobbling...

91BLOWNBIRD

What would cause this?

when rear of car is in the air and in gear at 60+mph, lots of vibration and the cv axle and LCA are visually wobbling...no movement from UCA or diff

was thinking inner LCA bushings? Thoughts?

well I thought it was the wheel bearing and pulled it apart to find that it was damaged and damaged the hub...

replaced the hub and bearing to find vibration still present...

visually the only thing I can see is the cv wobbling and the LCA wobbling, but the UCA doesn't wobble...

The knuckle bushings seem fine and the passenger side doesnt seem to have issues...

I can only imagine that the LCA is cracked or the inner bushings are bad...

well I thought it was the wheel bearing and pulled it apart to find that it was damaged and damaged the hub...

replaced the hub and bearing to find vibration still present...

visually the only thing I can see is the cv wobbling and the LCA wobbling, but the UCA doesn't wobble...

The knuckle bushings seem fine and the passenger side doesnt seem to have issues...

I can only imagine that the LCA is cracked or the inner bushings are bad...

If the CV is bad (and it might be), you should be able to wiggle it by hand. (With the car stopped, of course. :p) Grab it and try to shake it hard. It shouldn't move. But if it does, then the CV cups are probably worn out. Or, if there is movement at the axle bearing, then it should show up.

see I originally thought that was the issue so I replaced the whole cv...

basically the only thing I havent replaced are bushings...just wanted to get input on the matter and see if anyone has experienced this before.

I appreciate the input...more will help! thanks

i think that is my next step...start looking into bushings...just dont really know how bad they have to be in order to cause issues

Back