Roller Rcokers

blksc

Anyone know a company that manufacturers roller rockers for our car, and if so what is the rocker ratio ?

and also how much HP is free'd by using roller rockers

roller rockers

there are two places that iam aware of that that handle roller rockers for our cars. coy miller and affordable proformance in canada. I had 1.73 ratio roller on my engine and just ordered 1.80 ratios from affordable incanada good for about another 20 thousands lift. tim

hey tim

you got a website for the affordable place in canada ? as im sure coy miller doesnt offer affordable anything. nothing personal against coy of course. and how did those 1.73's work out for ya ? would you be interested in selling me those ?

roller rockera

i traded the1.73 for the 1.82 any rocker roller will give you better proformance but the 1.80 isin my opinion the way to go. Just type in morana v6 racing and it will take you to his web site. what other mods do you have done? tim:D

roller rockers

I just put these on my engine. They are 1.73 ratio pedistal mount rockers for a big block ford. I got them from a race parts wholesaler from Florida for $189. Well.. I paid $189 for the set of 16 but I bought 3 sets of 16 and split them up into 4 sets of 12 and split the savings with 3 other dudes and we all ended up paying about $150 ea.

rollerrockers.jpg

rockaz

Im sold. ( i just wonder how hard they are to put on ) is it as simple as unbolting one and putting another on ?

Just tork them down to spec. That is all youhave to do.

I just built put mine back together. I went with the stock Rockers... Is there a benefit to putting 1.73 or 1.8's on there? If so , what is the benefit when the cam is stock and heads only have a 3-angle valve job and super cleaned up.

I have almost all boltons possible, so how do the 1.73's help over stock rockers?

Thanks,
Anthony

hey silver

the benefit is less heat and friction placed on the valve train. i heard the roller rockers also give you more accurate valvetrain movement. anyhow, less friction = more hp approx 15HP

roller rockers

You may want to look into 1.80 ratios its my understanding that they are good for about another .020 in lift, not bad for a bolt on item. And its a lot earier than changing a cam. tim:rolleyes:

roller rockers

Iam not an expert at these engines by any means. I do go to people that know. I got my rocker from affordable proformance in canada. Tom Morana is the man to talk to. the super coupe club of ontario I think has a link to his web site if i remember right its moranav6 racing. Tim

Back