S/C eng in a 3.8 stang

XRM

I'm pretty sure i seen info for this on here but my hard drive crashed and I lost all my bookmarks

have a 1996 6cy 5sp. v6 3.8 and 2) supercoupes one 1990 and a 1995 both S/C's are auto

how hard of a swap is this ?? and how would one of the S/C eng's run without the blower and the stang injection on it ?? how much fab work is involved in mouting the intercooler, what about running the s/c without the intercooler

thanks, Jeff

I'm pretty sure i seen info for this on here but my hard drive crashed and I lost all my bookmarks

have a 1996 6cy 5sp. v6 3.8 and 2) supercoupes one 1990 and a 1995 both S/C's are auto

how hard of a swap is this ?? and how would one of the S/C eng's run without the blower and the stang injection on it ?? how much fab work is involved in mouting the intercooler, what about running the s/c without the intercooler

thanks, Jeff

I just did this swap, and there is a world of info out there for it. I would check http://www.v6power.net. Its not a very difficult swap, but you do need to extend some wiring and massage some items.

SC engine into Stang

Hello, XRM,
This is not that big of a deal to swap. You would need a computer, the harnesses, and an SC engine complete, which would include top and bottom. I would rather talk to you about it because it is far easier and entails swaping lots of information to get you going. You can call me at 352-732-5013 and I have time to talk to you when you are ready.
Regards,
Victor
spinningwheels-sc.com

Hello, XRM,
This is not that big of a deal to swap. You would need a computer, the harnesses, and an SC engine complete, which would include top and bottom. I would rather talk to you about it because it is far easier and entails swaping lots of information to get you going. You can call me at 352-732-5013 and I have time to talk to you when you are ready.
Regards,
Victor
spinningwheels-sc.com

You can run the Mustang computer with no issues.

EDIT: ^^^^Victor is a great source of info on this :)

Thanks everyone, victor I'll prob call you next week when I get started pickin up the stang this weekend.

if your down around astatula and wanna see these 2 cars LMK my shop is at home shop cell is 941 894 5533

thanks, Jeff

Stick with the Mustang EEC it has more processing power. The 95 SC is the prime donor car for your Mustang.
I have a 95 Mustang with an SC swap and I have helped 3 other people with their swaps. This fall my daughter's 1998 V6 Mustang will receive a SC swap.

Todd

how does it have more processing power ??

well the 95 one of my workers decided to play with for no reason And leave it running while I was gone knowing the fans where not working so i can use things from the 95 but the engine itself even thu it only has 78k orig miles needs work :mad:

how does it have more processing power ??

The EEC-IV (89-95 SC) is a 15Mhz processor. The 1998 Mustang has a 24Mhz EEC-V OBD2 processor, up from the 94-97 Mustang EEC-V OBD2 21Mhz processor.
With a faster processor comes a smoother idle and better performance.

Last edited:
ok I didnt know the where using different systems on similar year cars or that EEC-V and OBD2 would work on the same engine
now I remember why I usually stay away from fords for the most part

The EEC-IV (89-93 SC) is a 15Mhz processor and the EEC-V(94-95 SC) is an 18Mhz processor.
The 1998 Mustang has a 24Mhz OBD2 processor, up from the 94-97 Mustang OBD2 21Mhz processor.
With a faster processor comes a smoother idle and better performance.

The 94/95 SC are also OBD1 - EEC-IV .. not EEC-V

- Dan

ok the mustang is a 1996 is that obd1 or 2 ??
the 95 I have is a obd1 ?
the 90 I have would be a EEC-IV

Im not trying to be a smart ~~~
I try to find out everything I can and Prepare for the Job,
Im doing this for a good friend / one of my boat customers so its not one my toys its someones driver.

ok other things im looking at

id love to give her the 95 78k original mile eng that ive owned the car since 97. but one of my workers decided to play with it for no reason while I was gone at my fathers for his last few weeks. being the fans havent worked for the last year or so and I was injured over most the last year it didnt get fixed. He let it over heat and pump coolant thru it :mad:

1) I can use the 95 wiring, if the mustang's works Right Id use that - ( I would think the s/c compuker would be alil different)
another thing on that if I tried to use the whole 95 s/c harness could I give her the power windows she wants and maybe somehow give her the air ride ?? or would it not be worth it ??

2) ok now the 1990 engine I am going to use will I have to use the electronics off the 95 engine to use that or the stang system (im guessing using the older comp system isnt worth using if I have 2 later systems from what everyone is saying ?? )

3) another thing on my mind is the fuel pump is the stangs good enough ? or will I need a S/C ? and will a higher pressure then stock help it run good or just use more fuel ?

4) fuel lines how much work is here ?

5) using or not using the intercooler AND how much work is it mounting it and should I use aftermarket or custom tubing ??

this is a Budget job thats more of someone Helping good christian people. I dont mind spending alil time and maybe money to make it better but dont wanna waste a ton of time and really dont want headaches LoL

Thanks everyone for the info

Here we go.......

1) Use the Mustang Harness, you will need to splice and relocate a couple connections. (Use SC TPS connector)

2) Use the Mustang Computer and sensors, (use SC TPS)

3) Install a Walbor 255lph in the Mustang tank

4) The SC fuelrail will connect to the 96 return style system with no issues

5) You can use the stock SC radiator and the stock IC setup in the Mustang.

scstang.jpg

The IAC sensor also needs to be relocated from the passenger's side air inlet to the driver's side return plenum. You'll need the SC sensor for this also I believe.

Back