Pictures from Powerfest

John Machen

Here are some pictures of ford powerfest.

http://olin.fit.edu/~jmachen/powerfest 02/

Sorry I didn't see more sc's there. My family and I brought 4 out, the red 90 - brother's, black 94 - mine, 35th anaversary and vermilion blue are my parent's cars. The vermilion took 2nd place in the T-bird class. And there was a red 97 with xenon kit that took first.
Hope you enjoy the pics.
John

Powerfest was located at Morroso motorsports park in Palm Beach Gardens.
Are you located in FL?
I live in Melbourne most of the year for school, and North Palm Beach during summer usualy.
-John Machen
94 5sp

Yea, I'm in Mims, about 35 minutes north of Melbourne.. I was wondering if anyone here in Fl was participating any more.. Do you go, or do they have many of the get togethers here in central Fl?? I know that Brad Klien from Tampa came over to speedworld here in Orlando from time to time, and he always bring a crew with him from the west coast. Sounds like those guys over there are doing a lot of stuff locally. My 35th isn't on the road yet but it will be in the next 6 months, I wish our area was more of a hot bed for activity with these cars.. It's nice to have someone to swap stories with and look at each others cars for ideas..

Well we had a meet at powerfest a few people came, but not many from the west coast. If you want email me at jmachen@fit.edu and IM at coolfish5.
I went to orlando speedworld with the Brad and some daytona guys a couple years ago. Haven't had any more recient meets with them tho. I don't think a whole lot has been going on. Maybe we can get soemthing together later or soemthing.
Good to meet another FL SCer.
-John

Yea, that's the time I was thinking of... Has it been two years... Man time flies, I must have met you there then, I ended up coming over in my big Ford 4x4 turbo diesel... Momma wouldn't let me bring her Stang!!! She was afraid that I'd end up running it down the strip. I told momma that I'd not over spend on this project car of mine till after the house was built... I'm slowly getting it together, trans goes in this weekend hopefully, I'm hoping my son will come over this weekend and give me a hand putting it in. I've got the GFX and Bumper convers off it and down at the body shop getting painted. Next will be to take the whole car down there and get the rest of it painted and cleaned up. Then the big dollar items, interior is gonna cost me about 1K and the millions of dollars for Tires and wheels just kill me...
But, it is going to come together one way or another..

Well I better get to work, give me a holler if someone goes to pull a meet together.. Kamakazie_1@hotmail.com.. It's really nice to see someone else around here with one of these...

I'm usualy arround on thise site or the tbscec. I also am reachable at jmachen@fit.edu. Hope your project comes together well. Maybe we'll get a meet together sometime, if anyone else is interested.
-John

Back