Electicly Stumped, wont start

BlackbirdSc94

Well shes really messing with me today, got in the car for the first time in about 4 days went to start the car and as it was cranking for a split second, not even long enough for the motor to stop turning the power went out and came back on and the car started fine. The radio, starter and every thing went out though but I didnt think much of it since I hadnt started the car in a while

. So I drive to the bank and when I come out the car wont come on at all, not even flashers with the exception of the warning chimer for the ignition and lights and a relay clicking and chime sound were affected when they tried to operate at the same time and Im hearing the clicking sound coming from the black panel on the left in the trunk, I think its the alarm relay panel BUT this is only when the key is off.

If the key is on or the headlight switch is on (even when key is off) the clicking relay stops but the car wont do anything except maybe chime if the keys in the all the way back or close to off position. I tried getting a jump with a battery pack and the battery was fine, I did manage to get the windows up before it started to rain. So as Im about to leave the clicking in the rear stops and a clicking starts in the left side of the dash like right by the upper end of it.

I leave the car to take of some things and Im riding back by a few hours later and the flashers are working so I stop and go to the car, keyless entry pad works. I get in the car and interiors guages fuel pump and everythings working.....until I try to start it then it started the same issue so I had the car towed.

Im stumped......:(

Last edited:
Theres no ground straps on the motor mounts, where do they come from and attach too?? and how do I get the clips off of that relay panel without breakin em. The fuel cutoff switch is good, would a bad fuel pump or gas leak
possibly cause this??

I have a car here with a similar issue that I am about to start working on. The ignition switch did not fix ours but the odd symptom is that the fuel pump doesn't kick on until you turn the key back.
Alan

I just had my car to this to me, though I had power to all systems save ACC. Got new switch didn't help got to wiggling wires and it responded then a relay in the tray (passenger side) was buzzing (in the RUN position) I fiddled with it an got it home.

Any know what that relay is? Any clue why would loose power when tried to operated windows in the ACC position?

Started and ran with the old ignition switch, so that is ruled out. Mine is a 93.

Last edited:
Anybody???

There should be a ground cable from the engine mount on both sides. Each mount has three bolts holding it to the block, Two front, one rear. One of the front bolts on each side is lower than the other two. These should actually be studs.

Corrosion can hide underneath the sheathing. If you suspect them and can replace them, do so. Otherwise, make best effort to clean/make shiny then reconnect.

The driver side cable goes to the starter solenoid.

The pass. side cable goes to the body...

Attachments

• Engine bay example 01.jpg
    Engine bay example 01.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 127
Throwing this out there.

Happened again to me. Well got it to respond by putting the key in the RUN position (no response form the system, dash or starter) and jumping the fender starter relay car did respond after a couple bumps.

Since this seems to be affecting several of us at the same time I'm thinking it could be in the harness.

My issue was a short in the RUN circuit, caused by one of my taps.

My run circuit keeps blowing the fuse everytime I put one in and turn the car on.....what all does that ciruit cover besides the horn, fog lights, ARC, HVAC and VMM and what is a tap???

Thanks for responses

Throwing this out there.

Happened again to me. Well got it to respond by putting the key in the RUN position (no response form the system, dash or starter) and jumping the fender starter relay car did respond after a couple bumps.

Since this seems to be affecting several of us at the same time I'm thinking it could be in the harness.

That happened to me last week. One of my battery terminals was loose so I replaced it. It continued. I checked the positive terminal and it sparked when it touched the battery (no fuses were blown). Both the battery terminals are not the crimp on type. The problem was solved when the ends of the terminals were filled with solder. She runs great now!
:eek:

That happened to me last week. One of my battery terminals was loose so I replaced it. It continued. I checked the positive terminal and it sparked when it touched the battery (no fuses were blown). Both the battery terminals are not the crimp on type. The problem was solved when the ends of the terminals were filled with solder. She runs great now!
:eek:

My uncle suggested taking the terminals off, giving them a good cleaning and putting them back on, just been to lazt to go out in the heat and do it:rolleyes:

Throwing this out there.

where is this relay that you jumped located at and what does it look like if you will??

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think

went out today and took the post off, scraped the inside of the terminials clean and cleaned off the post and that did the trick.

Funny thing was I didnt notice when I was taking the terminals that I was grounding out the positive post because the resistance was so high it wouldnt spark but after I cleaned them up and was putting them back on I made the same mistake again and almost hit my head on the hood, put a nice grin on my face because I immediatly noticed and knew the car was probably going to start.:D

on another note my trans is making a.......for lack of better words chattering sound but only in neutral with the clutch let out, if i push it in the noise goes away. Kinda like somethings outta line or scraping but only slightly, any ideas???

Back