can anyone explain how this works?

I'd really like to see the install instructions, but since there are only 2 wires...I'm certian the device can't do any of what they claim. You can't even get that kind of performance increase from a generic chip (like Hypertech) that actually changes fuel and ignition timing settings.

The only two places I can think of for wiring it in, is on the throttle position sensor or to the MAF to alter the voltage sent to the EEC, in an attempt to trick the computer into running the motor leaner. It won't work, because the o2 sensors readings will cause the EEC to adjust the fuel trims back to where they were.

David

Last edited:
I bet they give the guarantee because the shipping cost to send it back and get your money back would be half of what the dang thing costs anyway. Therefore, 80 percent of people won't send it back and they are still making profits on a part that does nothing. Not to mention some would buy it and not even check if their hp and mileage improved.

A lot of these so called performance chips, are used to replace the IAT and fools the computer into thinking the air temperature is colder.

A lot of these so called performance chips, are used to replace the IAT and fools the computer into thinking the air temperature is colder.

True - these "chips" are nothing more than a standard 15 cent Resistor you can pick up at Radio Shack, except they are packaged in a "fancy" plastic case.

- Dan

Exactly! My friend bought one for his truck and I took it apart to see how it was made. I was curious to see what kind of chips they used; and was sorely disappointed to see it was just the two wires tied onto a resistor, not even soldered and held in place by caulk. A BIG WASTE OF YOUR MONEY! Invest in an actual programming chip if you really want it to have some effect.

Back