MP tensioner spring install

spetz01

I just got new MP springs to put in the tensioner and no f'n instructions.

Bills add says in 45 minutes with the detailed instructions provided....blah blah. So i'm all ready down 15 minutes searching for them online, no luck.

Any body have an idea. I assume its pretty easy, just don't wanna pry on the wrong thing.

Thanks

Yea, they are fairly straight forward. What I would like to know, I've got several tensioners but how can I tell which one I installed the MP springs in? I think I can tell by the color of the spring. The MP ones are silver while the OEM style ones were black. Can anyone confirm this?

Yea, they are fairly straight forward. What I would like to know, I've got several tensioners but how can I tell which one I installed the MP springs in? I think I can tell by the color of the spring. The MP ones are silver while the OEM style ones were black. Can anyone confirm this?

My MP springs were also black.

The big difference in the ones I got is that the MP spring coils are thicker (requiring some filing for installation)

My MP springs were also black.

The big difference in the ones I got is that the MP spring coils are thicker (requiring some filing for installation)

Nutz, you had black ones? :confused:

Any chance you know the thickness? lol, I think I've confused my OEM ones for the MP ones.... Hope I didn't sell them..... :p

Nutz, you had black ones? :confused:

Any chance you know the thickness? lol, I think I've confused my OEM ones for the MP ones.... Hope I didn't sell them..... :p

I'll try to measure them tonight. Can't remember what I did with the old stock springs though...:eek:

Back