6g help needed ASAP!!

Hock

Ok, I noticed the alternator in my 92 was on its way out last week so today I decided to do a 6g swap. I got an alternator today from a V6 Mustang, don't know the year, didn't look. After removing the pulley I saw that it had a lip on the case that wouldn't let my stock pulley seat completely so I cut it down.

Now the pulley will seat properly but it sticks out to far. I measured .125" out of alignment with the P/S pulley so I'm thinking that I should have the back side of the pulley cut down that much. I just need some confirmation on this so I don't send the pulley out just to have it come back useless.

That seems kind of wierd. I ground the lip off of my case and installed an underdrive pulley and don't seem to have an issue. I had to install a modified washer to space the pulley out enough for the nut to tighten, but everything seems to align properly. You have pics?

benny

I did some searching before I posted this and I don't understand this problem either.

Here's some pics.

Ok, I sent the pulley out today and got it faced .125" and it seems like it fits good but now I have to clearance the case some more.

Clearanced the case again and all is well. Fits perfect and belt lines up perfect. Now if someone could explain why I had to do all of that for others that would be great.

Could be a combo of year alternator an dyear of your stock pulley. I know my underdrive pulley fit no problem on my 6G. No spacer for pulley. Some pulleys have spacer built in some alternators hav espacer...

Back