255 lph fuel pump installation

virgs93sc

I'm in the middle of installing a new 255 lph fuel pump supercoupeperformance.com and was wondering if I reuse the screen from the old one, or use the new one? the new one is different. I'm having a hard time seating the pump assembly in the tank (have the new screen on, wondering if thats why).
thanks, virg

do not use the one that comes with it as this is one for a mustang( I believe ). You want to use the same design as the one that came out of it, I think you can get them from NAPA or Ford. Should be only a few bucks, and while you are there make sure you get a new O-ring for the pump assembly. That should only be 99 cents. If you reuse the old one, more then likely it will leak!

Ya shoulda just bought the 255 lph FI fuel pump kit from Auto Performance Engineering for $107 USD. It comes with the correct filter sock, plus the big O-ring, plus pretty much everything else you need to do the swap. Ron Gregory at A.P.E. is great about getting your order out quickly too! Check them out at:

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com

I just recently upgraded to this pump, and switched to the newer style tank in my '90 so that I could accomodate my new 2.5" true-dual stainless steel exhaust system.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Sean

If you want the correct filter sock by itself, the Ford dealer can order it under p/n E9SZ 9A011 B.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back