New Brembo's and Cobra R's

Tony8470

After a month and a half of working on the car and getting learned, I think I have a suitable SC. I learned on my previous SC that all power with no brakes has it's price. RIP 35th.

I made it a priority to upgrade the brakes and spared nothing for a compromise.

Ricardo put his wheels up for sale and I was lucky enough to snag them up in time. We all know how go fast parts and nice rims don't last long. You have to keep yourself tethered to the for sale area to get anything good, for a good price. I just happened to be there at the right time.

I was lucky that the previous owner took good care of the vehicle and the shocks had been replaced. Along with alot of the suspension parts.
I had to cut 2 bolts out to get the passenger knuckle out. Had to put 5/16" spacers to give the Brembo's breathing room. Found my Ebrake cable gets hung by touching a very hot rotor. And a few other hardships that come with modifying any car.

In the first pic you can see how much brake dust has accumulated after about 100 miles of driving with the stock brembo pads. The rear brakes haven't even touched the rotor and the wear is solely from the Ebrake getting hung. There is already visible embedding from the front pads.

Next year will be the cosmetic work.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 110
Looks real good. I have the same problem with my rear pads on and the relocating caliper bracket. Only the outer upper wears and then the bottom inner wears. The pads when you take them out looks misaligned. Still works well once you wear a pattern on the rear brakes. Those front calipers are nice though. :)

You need better angles on the pics. And some cleaning the of the wheels but you got till friday to clean them.

Sad now Im not the only one with Deep Rs. But its good to see them on another SC.

Back