Anyone make a bolt kit for these cars?

Scott Long

I'm reassembling my engine, and I realized I have a lot of misc. bolts laying around. I don't remember where they came from. So I would rather replace them all. Can I get a complete bolt set?

Or could I go to ford and order all the bolts for the timing cover, water pump, valve covers, etc...

I would highly doubt that anyone makes a full replacement bolt kit for the 3.8. I just got the bolts I wanted in stainless by measuring the old ones. Many of the bracket type bolts are made just for the SC.

Ford doesn't sell the bolts as a kit, and if some guy came into the counter looking for every bolt for his motor, I'd be tempted to charge him double, just because of the time it would take to come up with all of the numbers !! :p

Seriously, Ford's listings for hardware are VERY poor in many cases, and often the numbers aren't even available when the car is only a few years old, we are left to come up with something else as a suitable replacement. Yes, my job does suck sometimes.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoo

Ed, what would be nice (and not too much trouble, LOL) is to have a set of part numbers for the water pump hardware. I know especially those long studs are rusted beyond re-use! The real good Ford mechanic had packs of the bolts (especially) the long ones that were a kit from some of the headgasket recalls on the 3.8 engines. I would like to get a couple of sets of water pump bolts!

I know I have those on the shelf at work, I'll check the number tomorrow ... I think it's N805737-S103, but that doesn't sound quite right. I do remember the number in a package is something stupid like 3 or something ... get back to you on that ...

cheers
Ed N.

George, there is a # listed for the FWD cars that I don't see for the Birds ... N805757 S103 ... this is a long stud that goes through the water pump and timing cover, M8 x 137 mm long. Does that sound right ?? I've never had my own SC that far apart yet.

cheers
Ed N.

That sounds close, Ed! I'll have to see if I have a rusty ol' set to measure to be sure.

Back