AC acting weird so i threw a gauge on the low pressure side...

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
Hey Guys,

95 Super coupe

I am borrowing Mike's car while my saturn sky is in the shop and I thought I would fix his AC for him. Well, I bought a recharge kit and threw the gauge on there, with the compressor clutch not spinning it looks to be almost empty, when it spins up, it quickly goes into the yellow before the compressor kicks off again. I am assuming it has freon but something is clogged up. I know nothing about this car specifically but I can take instructions very well. Please advise me.

Jeb

Hmmmm.... well, you should probably find/fix the leaks first before adding refrigerant to the system. Otherwise you're just wasting a lot of your time as its going to leak out again anyway. Kinda like pumping up a bicycle tire that has a hole in the inner tube. :rolleyes:

Actually, its probably empty. They have cutoff switches and will disengage when the pressure is too low. As you charge it you should notice that the compressor will run longer between cutoffs until you get into the safe range when the safety will no longer engage.

Back