how do you change from abs to conventional brakes on pre 93 sc's

turshin

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I've purchased two sc's, an 89 and a 92, and they both have the same abs problems.the 89 I've given up all hope but the 92 I was able to save well least for two weeks.I replaced the accumulator ball and the brakes worked fine for two weeks. Then while driving the brakes would cycle from hard to soft.me and my mechanic can't figure it out. I'm done with this abs crap. Does anyone know how to use a conventional system on a sc from a same year lower model?

Did you replace the accumulator ball on the 92 with a new one or a used one....:confused:

Accumulators have a shelf life and these OEM parts have been in service for over 20 years....

Does the pump motor on the 89 run when you turn on the ignition switch....

These units are not that hard to diagnose and repair.....

The pump motors tend to lock up when the front seal leaks brake fluid into the motor housing causing corrosion....

Pump motor should run any where from 30 seconds up to 1½ minutes then shut off....

Both brake and ABS lights should go out prior to the pump motor shutting off.....

i think 90 seconds for the pump motor to shut off is WAY too long in my book, i none of my cars take that long to build up the pressure. unless the battery is near dead?
I can time least two of my cars this weekend :) ('89 XR7, '91 SC. the '91 XR7 has no battery :( )

Also i'm with `the big E' the ABS systems on these cars are reasonably easy to figure out whats wrong and get them going again

My mechanic says its some leaky press. valve sensor or something like that and the part is on backorder.costs like 150 he said. Anyone ever ran into this problem? Anyway its multiple crap like this that frustrating me.:mad:

I need ABS pump motors in any condition.....;)

I had two of them stolen from the shop where I get them rebuilt.....:mad:

Hi guys I still have the two units....ill sell the the 89 abs unit for $200 firm. And the 92 unit Ill have sell for $350(has $240 new scp accumulator) call 734-765-2289 Yahmeer for any questions.

Back