PDA

View Full Version : motor mania

90coug
06-02-2011, 12:20 PM
So, I took the Bird out for a spirited spin yesterday and made an illegal lane change. Got a ticket, went home and started to think about my driving behavior. Let me just add I got away with a ton more than just an illegal lane change. I don't know what it is but I turn into another person when I start my Thunderbird. My friend came over and told me about this cartoon that was made a long time ago.

Goofy in Motor Mania

I just about keeled over I was laughing so hard. It really hit home with me and made me realize I need to tone it down a bit. Granted I can make it out the driveway without hitting the mailbox but my attitude just changes once I feel the motor start in the Bird. What's really funny is that when he slows down and opens up the convertible, I have this type of behavior too! I'll do the speed limit on the highway and people get upset at me for going so slow! Then when I'm inconvenienced by being stuck behind a big rig or something of the sort I punch the gas and rocket right past them, only to slow back down to the speed limit.

Anyway, I thought it was hysterical because I really feel like I'm Mr. Jekyll when I get behind the wheel of the Thunderbird. It takes the best of me to drive this car like a responsible person. Honestly, I should have the keys taken away from me but I'm afraid I'd go through withdrawals and end up breaking something. I should stick to driving my gutless 4 banger.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/izepyck/Fun%20Pictures/goof.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZAZ_xu0DCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Breadsax
06-02-2011, 12:50 PM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has an alter-ego :) The funny thing is when I try to drive my 3.8 NA like it's my SC and then I remember, oh yeah, no power here...

I've also put my foot on a diet, but there are those times when someone does something like go around me, back in front of me, and then slow down to a slower speed than I was driving that really urks me. Then I show them the SC power and soon they are dust in my rear view, lol!

90coug
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
You're not alone :p

I should set my rev limiter to 3K to help remind myself during those ‘Mr. Jekyll’ escapades.

BirdofPrey97
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
That is a great cartoon I remember from being a kid. Have thought of it many times.

What has helped me is to think of the car(s) near me as a cop car. What would I do in that case?