oil pressure gauge?

steveos89xr7

im installing an aftermarket mechanical oil pressure gauge on my car and im wondering where the best location would be to attach the line?

im installing an aftermarket mechanical oil pressure gauge on my car and im wondering where the best location would be to attach the line?

Tee in at the oil pressure sender port. I'm using a mechanical gauge under the hood and stock gauge in the car. Here is a picture showing the tee and mechanical gauge hose.

garage_attachment.php

David

Last edited:
what size threads are they? 1/8th npt? i am looking at a 1990 and the sender is either bad or it has no oil pressure and i was wondering the same thing were can i plumb in a test gauge? were is the sender anyways?

thanks

what size threads are they? 1/8th npt? i am looking at a 1990 and the sender is either bad or it has no oil pressure and i was wondering the same thing were can i plumb in a test gauge? were is the sender anyways?

thanks

Typically, it's the connector which goes bad.

As in the wire that connects to the oil pressure switch.

It SHOULD be close to the oil filter - driver's side IIRC for the SC.

RwP

I have several pictures in my garage page that detail my oil pressure gauge install. Here's a closeup on how connected both the stock sensor and a mechanical sensor.
garage_attachment.php

Back