New susp resto. What to Buy & Where

EatonEmployee

I have a 93 SC. Just turned 100k and car looks new. I wanted to do tokico illumina 2's and Eibach's. I just need to know where people get these and if you have specific part numbers that would be so helpful. I also know I should do bushings and all of our weird links that I have no idea about. I was hurt in Iraq and can't muscle the fox around anymore and I love this SC. I just want to make it drive like a brand new car with the SC cornering+. I live in Oregon and was wondering if anyone knew of people to do the work. My injuries prevent me from doing heavy car work.Thanks guys

Lincoln

Check the full suspension subforum at forums.tccoa.com for all the right part numbers - but basically, Moog parts for all rubber SAVE for the strut rod bushings, which you get Ford for.

Or Ford for the other parts - they work too :D

RockAuto for all the parts you can get there - search here and on TCCoA, and you should be able to turn up a current 5% discount code.

RwP

Front Suspension Parts

E9SZ3B271A front bushing at frame
$12.82 list, $10.77 Cost x2
F7SZ3A225AA rear bushing at frame
$6.41 list, $5.39 Cost x2

Strut Rod Bushing Kit Frame Side: E9SZ3A187A Cost @$110
x2 ( not sure what comes in here exactly .. )

.. or seperately ..

Ferrule - Rear
E9SZ-3B282-A x2 Cost $15.37
Ferrule - Front
E9SZ-3B282-B x2 list $58.33, Cost $47.00

( only if yours are rusted too bad )

Strut Rod Bushings LCA Side - Front: E9SZ3A140A
$12.38 ... List $12.39, Cost $8.24 ea. x2
Strut Rod Bushings LCA Side - Rear: E9SZ3A140B
$12.50 ... List $12.50, Cost $8.32 ea. x2

.. list of parts for all of the front end bushings. OEM prices arent bad if you talk to Jason at TCCOA. Cost is what I priced out not long ago ..

I highly recommend OEM parts wherever possible depending on the condition of your current setup. Things like Ball joints may be more worn.

I dont know of any mechanics in your area .. just here in California. ;)

- Dan

Good luck with the work Lincoln. And thanks for your advice.

My bushings were done about 5 years ago according to my paperwork and she still rides like new. Everybody I've had in the car can't believe she's almost 22.

Keep it stock.
-Bob

The complete kit for the front bushings ( P/N E9SZ3A187A ) is obsolete, and only available if you find someone with stock on the shelf.

Not sure about the ferrules ... I'd take care taking the old ones apart (depending on the OEM for Ford, you may have to burn the rubber off the ferrules and sand them down a bit ... )

Bushings are still available - I'd recommend that anyone considering these anytime this decade buy a set and put them aside.

RwP

Back