rock hard brake pedal and brake & abs light on

renello79

I know there are threads on this already but I have exhausted those suggestions already. I am getting power (12v) Up to the pump plug engine harness side and the pump still won't turn on. I have swapped out the pump already as well as the pressure sensor the relay is working. what else could the problem be? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sounds like the pump motor is locked up....

You said that you replaced the pump, did you verify that the pump motor spin when you did that....:confused:

If you took the pump and motor apart, you might have broken the stainless steel drive key that couples the motor to the pump when you put it all back together.....:eek:

I am fairly certain that I put it back together correctly. I am going to replace both of the relays. See if that works. When I changed the pump I swapped the entire abs valve master pump and accuator from a 90 sc. And it was verified to work in the 90.

I figured out the problem originally it started with the pressure sensor for the hydroboost assist. Then I swapped out the entire unit master, abs control valve, pump, and accumulator, started the car and nothing what does it turn out to be the new pump turns out to be bad

Does it make a clickity clack noise when the pump motor is running......

If so, then you need to rewire the female side of the motor plug.....

Pull the red X piece from the plug and swap the positions of the red/grey and grey wires.....

A small flat blade jewelers screw driver makes that job a lot easier.....

I actually got my baby back on the road Monday I believe. See the above posts for the results of the work. Thank you for your input though

Back